PDA

View Full Version : Custom heated seats

jrock817
09-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Hello all, first time posting in this section. I am installing leather interior on a dodge ram, and I also purchased heated seats. The seats need to be wired, they come with switches, and fuses etc... I need to hook them up to power. Is a cigarette lighter the same voltage I need? Ie is the cigarette lighter power supply the same as say running a power line from the battery? I have done plenty of stereo installs in my time as a DIY. Also I need to find a "remote switch". But also one that is hooked up to the lights, as there is an led on the switches. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg Gellas
09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Use one of these..Littelfuse FHA200BP ATO Add-A-Circuit Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Littelfuse-FHA200BP-ATO-Add-A-Circuit-Kit/dp/B0002BGELQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1)

kakeuter
09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
My one suggestion would be to make sure you use ignition power, as a safety device to ensure the seats turn on/off with the vehicle. I`ve done these kits before in the past, they`re pretty simple.

-Kody-

StacksonStacks
09-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Hello all, first time posting in this section. I am Cheap In Dash DVD Player (http://www.motorfiend.com/in-dash-players/) leather interior on a dodge ram, and I also purchased heated seats. The seats need to be wired, they come with switches, and fuses etc... I need to hook them up to power. Is a cigarette lighter the same voltage I need? Ie is the cigarette lighter power supply the same as say running a power line from the battery? I have done plenty of stereo installs in my time as a DIY. Also I need to find a "remote switch". But also one that is hooked up to the lights, as there is an led on the switches. Any help would be appreciated.

I don`t know much about the wiring or anything, but I must say, I got heated seats in my ride about one year ago(my brother installed them) and man do I love them, seriously. In the Winter I just go in my car turn those bad boys on and sleep. lol.