PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna 106FA After Menzerna PO203 On White Paint?

imported_DieselMDX
09-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Greetings,

I recently changed to my winter LSP and decided to polish out some imperfections on my pearl white maxima. I used the FLEX with a orange pad and menz power finish. The paint looks much better but I am just looking for opinions if I should now follow up with Menz 106fa on a white pad?

thanx

imported_DieselMDX
09-07-2012, 11:29 PM
ok maybe i didnt explain myself....will i get ANY benefit from going over my pearl white maxima with 106fa or 106ff or 85rd?

JohnKleven
09-07-2012, 11:59 PM
85rd. would be a more natural progression from Power Finish. You definitely will gain some gloss, but it may not be too noticeable by most people`s eyes.

umi000
09-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Try a test spot, see if it makes any difference?

911fanatic
09-08-2012, 12:04 AM
85rd. would be a more natural progression from Power Finish. You definitely will gain some gloss, but it may not be too noticeable by most people`s eyes.

My sentiments exactly. You will get more gloss out of it, but is it enough to justify a few more hours of polishing? On a daily driver, probably not.

imported_DieselMDX
09-09-2012, 04:51 AM
thanx guys will keep the 4 coats of 476 i already have on there till ocotber and polish it out again

to me detailing is theraputic so i will try 85 and see how it looks

David Fermani
09-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Try a test spot, see if it makes any difference?

Valuable piece of info right here. People should always be doing test spots as this is the real deal to what will happen. A couple more minutes could mean a huge time savings or a need for more work.

Because of this car`s color (pearl/metallic), I would doubt an improvement would be that noticable. Yes, many can say that the base color shouldn`t dictate what steps you use, but this doesn`t always equate into something your eyes and brain determines as realistic.

imported_DieselMDX
09-10-2012, 01:34 AM
thanx David very good points

porta
09-10-2012, 05:43 AM
I hardly reaches for a finer polish then PO203S, aka Power finish, on my "details" wich are more or less enhancement. On darker colours and if they are willing to

pay, then I use a finer polish often PO106FA or PO85RE5.

Three stepper: Fast gloss, Power finish, Super - or Final finish

Two stepper: power finish, super - or final finish; power finish with wool and then power- or super finish with foam.

Onestepper: power-, or Super or final finish.