PDA

View Full Version : Degreaser in Green Machine?

Shawn F.
09-03-2012, 08:07 PM
I have one of those little green machines that I use on quick spot repairs and small areas of cars but am wondering about using something like Meguiars APC Plus through it. Will this ruin or prematurely wear the pump or would I be fine? I figured there`s got to be a handful of people here who do this and I tried googling it but only came up with results that sold carpet cleaner and the machines themselves.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Ron Ketcham
09-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Spray your all purpose on the fabric, agitate and then with hot water "only" in the unit, extract the all purpose and the soil.

Grumpy

Shawn F.
09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Sounds good to me Ron, thanks! Doing this will be harmless to the unit since it`s so diluted I assume?

Accumulator
09-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Doing this will be harmless to the unit since it`s so diluted I assume?

When it sucks stuff up, that stuff (i.e., the diluted APC you`re wondering about) never really touches anything except the inside of the hose and the holding tank. It doesn`t get run through anything like the sprayer/etc.

Shawn F.
09-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me Accumulator! I had a feeling I`d be fine but wanted to double check just in case...

RaskyR1
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me Accumulator! I had a feeling I`d be fine but wanted to double check just in case...

Just be sure it`s the APC+ or other low foaming APC. If it foams up it can wreck the LGM.

Shawn F.
09-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks Rasky, I will be sure to stay away from the foaming APC.

Accumulator
09-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Just be sure it`s the APC+ or other low foaming APC. If it foams up it can wreck the LGM.

All foaming is bad for all extractors, makes the motor work a lot harder and yeah...you *can* end up with some "soap" getting ingested if you run foam through something that`s supposed to just move air.

Shouldn`t be a big issue, just watch out for excessive foam in the collection chamber.

They make a "defoamer" chemical that I sometimes use in my good extractor, but I`ve never bothered with it in any of the Bissell/Hoover ones and they`ve been OK without it.

Kean
09-05-2012, 02:35 PM
I have run APC+ through my LGM ProHeat several times (in the solution tank). It`s still working fine so far but for all I know my luck may change (assuming it is actually causing some sort of damage). ….I won’t risk it in my Bissell upright though.

Accumulator
09-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Kean- Yeah, it can be tricky to predict whether an APC will/won`t mess up certain plastics :think: