PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Wax Products?

Shawn F.
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Has anyone here used Turbo Wax products such as Turbo Wax with Polycharger, swirl remover, etc? I am wanting to get other opinions on durability on this wax and the rest of their products. From my understanding they used to be affiliated with 4 Star but no longer are. I have been using it now for a few months including the oxidation block (I like it better than clay actually but took me a few cars to get used it it since it requires more lube to keep from marring), Car Wash, Tire/Trim Gel and Swirl Remover... So far they are all quality products, user friendly, etc and customer service is top notch. The tire and trim gel has an odd consistency but works great, lasts a couple washes and has a great look on trim and has the polycharger in it which I guess adds more protection than a typical trim shine. The swirl remover has been great for just that, a swirl remover. Even worked great as a finishing polish and works in like butter with good working time and no dusting. The wax I am still testing but hard to do because I do not see customers vehicles that often and when I do they usually do not care for their car like they should (do not use PH balanced soap or car washes). I did two of my own personal vehicles and after 4-5 weeks I sold them but did notice they were still beading water or had some kind of protection behind.

Has anyone else here tested their wax? If so, what is the longest you have seen it last?

Thanks for any info here!

Garry Dean
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Has anyone here used Turbo Wax products such as Turbo Wax with Polycharger, swirl remover, etc? I am wanting to get other opinions on durability on this wax and the rest of their products. From my understanding they used to be affiliated with 4 Star but no longer are. I have been using it now for a few months including the oxidation block (I like it better than clay actually but took me a few cars to get used it it since it requires more lube to keep from marring), Car Wash, Tire/Trim Gel and Swirl Remover... So far they are all quality products, user friendly, etc and customer service is top notch. The tire and trim gel has an odd consistency but works great, lasts a couple washes and has a great look on trim and has the polycharger in it which I guess adds more protection than a typical trim shine. The swirl remover has been great for just that, a swirl remover. Even worked great as a finishing polish and works in like butter with good working time and no dusting. The wax I am still testing but hard to do because I do not see customers vehicles that often and when I do they usually do not care for their car like they should (do not use PH balanced soap or car washes). I did two of my own personal vehicles and after 4-5 weeks I sold them but did notice they were still beading water or had some kind of protection behind.

Has anyone else here tested their wax? If so, what is the longest you have seen it last?

Thanks for any info here!

Juan@TurboWax is the owner... He will probably be on chat tonight if you`d like to speak with him directly...

David Fermani
08-30-2012, 08:06 PM
I`ve used alot of his products and like them alot. His Polycharged Sealant is top notch.

Shawn F.
08-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Garry, I have talked with Juan quite a lot actually. I was wanting to get more opinions from others here on Autopia to see what you guys think about it as far as durability... As I said, I`ve been testing it and so far so good but really want to test it more long term rather than just 4-5 weeks. Supposedly it will last about 7 weeks even with weekly washes. As far as looks go, I was surprised that it gives a nice gloss as it does since it`s a liquid sealant pretty much.

dfoxengr
10-19-2012, 08:40 AM
I`ve tried his wax, shampoo and wheel cleaner, the wheel cleaner didn`t do much for me and the wax I believe is rebottled red "cherry" wax. The shampoo was just normal as well.

Can anyone confirm if these are infact just rebottled products?

Juan@Turbo Wax
10-21-2012, 08:22 PM
I can confirm that our product line are not rebottled products, we own our own formulas.

IHA Mark
10-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Are these products tailored more towards production detailing or high end?

dfoxengr
10-22-2012, 06:20 AM
I can confirm that our product line are not rebottled products, we own our own formulas.

So you went to a chemical house and asked for specific characteristics of the products or you took existing and changed a little here and there with the supplier?

Seems like a lot of things are still unknowns to regular guys like me. Juan, could you please explain your company`s whole process and how it comes up with the formulas start to finish? You don`t have to give the manufacturer name, but a detailed explanation of your process would help you show you`re different from the rest. I for one would be willing to try more of your stuff after that fact.

Helping educate the consumer would really help clear things up and make us not feel like we`re always buying rebottled stuff from different vendors.

Juan@Turbo Wax
10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Good Day, thank you for asking your questions, I will try to explain how this went down for me. This is just from my own experience, so I don’t know how others have gone through this process.

I think that the first thing that needs to be clarified is about the manufacturing process, as an example let’s said we talk about “eye drops” vs the car care products. If you think of eye drops, chances are that the first name that comes to mind is Visine, they have a production line where they run their bottles under a conveyor and at a certain time the bottles get filled with the “Visine” brand.

On that same conveyor line with the same size/color/shape bottles at X point X amounts of bottles are diverted to an x location where they are filled with the “Publix Supermarket” eye drop brand, this liquid (formula) was developed by Visine but it is completely different. Chances are that they have to pay x amount of money, to own the formulas of that particular product. If tomorrow they wish to have a different manufacture bottle their products they simply bring their formulas to them because they own them. So because they come from the same location it doesn`t immediately mean that they are the same “liquid" with the same formula.

Next time you go to the supermarket you will even see on the non brand products a small line with a “bottled by Johnson and Johnson” or something similar. That’s pretty much about the formulas as I know. Each product is their own.

However, there’s the other side of the coin where Visine may have different name brands or customers and all of them have the same content just different labels (that will be rebottled)

In my case, In the late 90s I started this endeavor doing lots of R&D with the help of some top car care manufacturers.

In 2004, after accepting my first product (own formula) I started with that product for family and friends. In 2005, our Turbo Wax Products and makers of Turbo Wax brand was born, later in 2005 we came into the public with our own product line. Our product line is not intended for a particular user however we feel that we fit somewhere in the higher end of the scale.

I hope that I have answered your question to your satisfaction.:yo::nod:

dfoxengr
10-22-2012, 10:00 PM
So in 2004 you accepted a product, meaning you bought a "visine" created chemical they werent using? Or meaning you are a chemist or chemical engineer and told the bottler what to formulate?

Thank you for the explanation thus far though. it is very helpful to a noob like me.

Ron Ketcham
10-22-2012, 10:25 PM
As one who had a long career in the automotive and mold release production of products and marketing, allow me to share this.

99% of those who are on this and other forums have NO IDEA of what the blender business is, and the many, many well known brands that are not produced, let alone, formulated by those brands so many believe in, swear by, etc.

Before I retired, the company owned a large percentage of one of the largest chemical blenders in North America. We had three full time chemists, they worked with clients to formulate products that they felt they could market, after we produced, bottled, etc the products.

Often, once the "development process of a formula" began, the expectations of the client was not obtainable, at a price, which would make it possible for the product or products to be marketable, due to pricing.

More than a few times, we had formula`s that were part of our "book" that did what they wanted and were able to produce them at a price they could then purchase and market at a profit.

There are often times that a marketing company would come in with a formula that worked, and we would produce the products, not all were "snake oil" companies, like seen on "infommercials".

Several times a year, our two manufacturing facilities were producing, bottling and packaging many, many well known, mass marketed products, one`s that are seen on shelves all over the world.

They brought in their formulas, we produced them.

Other times, they would come to us for a "new" product, which our chemists could develope, usually based on new resins, solvent systems, etc that had been developed by companies such as Dow, DuPont, etc.

The worse customers or potential customers, were the "boutique" marketers, as they were usually under funded and habored un-real expectations.

More than once the order was never totally paid for, we required a 50% deposit before production began and the balance before the products left our dock. These type of orders ended up in the outlet store sales food chain.

Of course, due to signed and agreed to privacy agreements, it is not possible for me to devulge the names of the companies, but this is a short primer on the detailing and some other product marketing efforts.

Grumpy

Juan@Turbo Wax
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Hello Ron, thank you very much for adding to the clarification of such complex process. I think that we have covered the subject very well and we should respect the signed and agreed to privacy agreements of all of us.:up

dfoxengr
10-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Thanks Guys. Juan, I will assume that you then are not a Chemist, which is totally fine by me, and that you bought a "book" formula from a large chemical supplier. Which is also totally fine. You may have even requested a certain characteristic or something, I do not know. I just like to know and learn as much as possible.

Junebug
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Something I read a while back about oxi-clean, it seems that the main ingrediment is a basic pool cleaning chemical that is dirt cheap. I don`t remember the specifics but if you`re interested I`m sure it can be sorted out easy enough. I reckon it`s like the $$ car waxes that cost pennies to make, as always buyer beware. By the way, yes, I am a cheap ******* on a lot of things, but not when it comes to my kids, their education and of course the wife.