PDA

View Full Version : Paint Peeling - Need Some Advice

jprodigy
08-19-2012, 02:47 AM
I bought my first car used (black 2008 accord coupe) about 4 months ago. While I was washing my car today, I noticed this:

http://i47.tinypic.com/eis5tu.jpg

The paint on my rear bumper just underneath the tail light seems to be peeling. I`m not sure if this was due to poor repair/installation or something else. Either way, it looks ugly and it`s bugging me!

My concern is that the metal looks to be exposed. Any thoughts on what I should do to prevent rust from forming? I`m kind of hesitant to put touch up paint in that area because I don`t want to get it on the tail light.

Also, would the only options if I wanted to completely fix the peeling be a repaint or replacing the bumper all together?

Thanks

2005GTPinMD
08-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Bumper is plastic so no worries about rust. However the peeling is due to a poor repaint. Did you buy it from a dealer? If so ask them for a repaint!

David Fermani
08-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Delamination from the refinishing process. And like 2005GTPinMD stated, the bumper is plastic and there`s no chance of rust. It will however keep peeling though and will require repaint. You can try taking it back to the dealer to see what they say, but I doubt they`ll do anything for you unless your car was a Certified vehicle.