PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference...

MirrorDetailing
08-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Whats the difference in a "too business approach" versus a more "organic business approach?"

Ron Ketcham
08-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Sounds to me like some new buzz words created so someone can write a book and do a high dollar lecture tour.

Grumpy

C. Charles Hahn
08-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Sounds to me like some new buzz words created so someone can write a book and do a high dollar lecture tour.

Grumpy

Pretty much!

I`m a business major and I haven`t really heard those phrases specifically used in relatable context, if that tells you anything.

What I will say is that doing things `organically` typically means letting things develop and dictate their own path. So from that I would extrapolate a "too business approach" may mean being so numbers/profit-focused that you completely ignore or miss what your customers/employees/etc. really want and need.

MirrorDetailing
08-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Pretty much!

I`m a business major and I haven`t really heard those phrases specifically used in relatable context, if that tells you anything.

What I will say is that doing things `organically` typically means letting things develop and dictate their own path. So from that I would extrapolate a "too business approach" may mean being so numbers/profit-focused that you completely ignore or miss what your customers/employees/etc. really want and need.

This answer is more in line to what I was getting at. Found out that a customer I was trying to land told one of my other customers that my approach was too business like. Not organic enough that it just develops and I land the person as a customer. Was seeing if anyone else would get that and of course Charles you nailed it on the head. Just funny the first time I have been told I have to much of a business approach. lol

C. Charles Hahn
08-17-2012, 09:09 PM
This answer is more in line to what I was getting at. Found out that a customer I was trying to land told one of my other customers that my approach was too business like. Not organic enough that it just develops and I land the person as a customer. Was seeing if anyone else would get that and of course Charles you nailed it on the head. Just funny the first time I have been told I have to much of a business approach. lol

Interesting... wonder what the guy didn`t like?

Can`t win `em all I guess...