PDA

View Full Version : Forum navigation problems...please help!

Hoytman
08-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi gang,

First, I hope I`ve posted this in the correct forum.

Second, I joined autopia back in April and had some navigation issues. I`ve recently started posting and lurking and I`m still having navigation issues.

Third, I frequent many forums from various venues and this is the only place where the below problem occurs. So, please don`t tell me it`s my computer...it`s not.

The problem:

Navigating back to a previous page.

I can move forward within this site just fine and fairly quick. However, the issue starts when I click the back button to go back a page. It matters not what browser I use. I`ve tried several to no avail.

I can click the back button and wait several seconds and nothing happens. Sometimes I click and wait several times over about a minute and then finally the page will move to the previous page.

Again, this is the only site where this problem occurs. It`s so bad, and navigation is so slow that I don`t enjoy being here because of it. :hairpull

Any chance anyone might know what is going on to cause this? Anyone else experiencing the same thing? :help:

Paul Sparks
08-13-2012, 10:35 PM
First- Hoytman,welcome to the forum.Second-Personally I have not experience the problems you speak of. Windows 7 is what I`m using now on my laptop and occasionally switch to Chrome with no problems. Maybe others can chime in that may be having this happen to them. Paul S.

Hoytman
08-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Well, it appears it isn`t my computer per se, but an add on from possibly Adobe, called "Shockwave Flash Object."

When I click on tools, then manage add ons, that`s where I located it and by random luck I discovered this add on or possibly a different add-on is causing the issues...albeit the lack of being able to navigate using the back button still only happens on this site.

When I removed the add on and viewed other fourms I couldn`t watch videos but I could navigate the forum using the back button.

I removed the Shockwave Flash Object add-on and could navigate page back and page forward just fine and is the reason why I feel I may have isolated the exact add-on.

Only one problem remains. Without this add-on I cannot view certain youtube videos, nor posted videos on forums such as here and Autogeek forums. Navigating using the back button has only been an issue on this forum, as long as the add-on is enabled. Disable it and navigation is fine, but no watching certain (some, not all) videos on forums and youtube.

I thought I would post this here in case others may come across similar problems as I was having, and still am having since I re-enabled the add-on so I could view videos here and elsewhere.

It has me wondering if the add-on isn`t necessarily the problem, but rather, this forum/site having an issue with the Adobe Shockwave Flash add-on?????

So far, I`ve yet to receive any help or comments from a moderator of this forum and it could be from me posting this in the wrong sub-forum. If anyone has any additional information that could assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

Ben@3D
08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Flash is installed on probably 75% of the computers world wide. If it was a flash compatibility issues, a lot of people would be having it.

Flash can be temperamental sometimes and cause bizzare random issues on just some sites. I would recommend doing a complete uninstall of any Adobe Flash or Shockwave products, reboot your computer, and reinstall direct from the adobe.com website.

Hoytman
08-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Thank you Ben! I will give that a try asap.

Barry Theal
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
hoytman you just made Ben feel special. He actaully has the knowlddge to give a great answer. lol what a big geek he is.

Ben@3D
08-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Ya..and it doesnt take my over a year to do a simple 5 page website. :attention:

David Fermani
08-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Ya..and it doesnt take my over a year to do a simple 5 page website. :attention:

You had to go there didn`t you!!!!! :grrr:ballchain::argue:

I would love to open up that can of worms (I mean whoop arse), but for the sake of all things "Presidential" I will skip it. (this time). :tape:

Your days are numbered Mr. Theal.....:popcorn:

Hoytman
08-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Uninstall/Reinstall completed. Seem to be able to navigate using the back button now, but I`ll have to check now to see if I can watch videos with no issues. I`ll let you know how navigation goes on this site over the next day or so. I suspect that if I have further issues I will find them then. So far so good...thanks!

By the way...did not reinstall shockwave.