PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything out this new product - Wipe New?

audiguy69
08-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Anyone know anything out this new product - Wipe New?

https://www.getwipenew.com/

pho_shizzle
08-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Never heard of it. But I did look at the FAQ`s and stuff. Heres a copy. Says lasts for 2 years, but regular exposed spots that meet frequent usage will require retouching up.

Wipe New FAQ`s

1) How much Wipe New is needed for my vehicle?

With Wipe New, a little goes a long way. Since you only apply Wipe New in a single wipe across the surface with very little overlap, 1.5 ounces is enough, in most cases, to treat an average mid-sized vehicle. If the surface is badly faded and/or porous, a second application may be needed for the best effect.

2) What are the items included in the Wipe New Pro Detailing kit?

Each Wipe New Pro Detailing kit contains two yellow microfiber applicator cloths, one red microfiber applicator cloth, one headlight prep pad, a pair of protective gloves, and one sponge swab applicator.

3) Do I have to wear gloves when using Wipe New?

We recommend wearing the included gloves when applying Wipe New because once dry it can be difficult to remove from your skin, and may also be slightly irritating to some people.

4) What is the purpose of the headlight prep pad?

The headlight prep pad is used to remove heavy oxidation from the lens before applying Wipe New. Simply rub the green side of the pad onto the lens in a back and forth motion, then rinse with water and dry. The pad has a very fine 2000 grit sand surface that gently removes the oxidation without damaging the acrylic. After prepping the headlight, apply Wipe New according to package directions.

5) What is the purpose of the applicator brush?

The sponge tip of the applicator brush will allow you to touch up small nooks and crannies around your headlights, grill inserts, rear view mirrors, interior HVAC vents, and other hard to reach areas. Simply dip the sponge tip into your Wipe New bottle and apply in the desired area.

9) What if I start applying and have to stop? Can I start again later? Will the results match?

Once you start applying Wipe New to a surface, we recommend that you complete that entire surface before stopping (for example, if you start treating a bumper, finish the entire bumper before stopping). Stopping and starting again later on the same surface may, in some cases, lead to a visible difference in the final result due to variations in humidity, light, temperature, and other factors. If you must stop and start again later, try to stop at inconspicuous spot on the surface.

10) What if it rains after I apply Wipe New?

Wipe New must cure for 24 hours prior to being exposed to any type of moisture including rain, puddles, dew, sprinklers, car washes, mist, etc. If a treated surface gets wet prior to the end of the 24 hour curing period, spotting or streaking may occur. We recommend keeping your vehicle in a garage or other covered area. Another option is to cover it with a car cover. Plastic disposable car covers may be available for purchase for a nominal fee from your local auto parts store.

11) Will Wipe New damage my clothes?

Wipe New contains no dyes, however, it does harden as it dries and may damage your clothing.

12) Can I use Wipe New on glass or mirrored surfaces?

Wipe New may create a "wavy" effect on glass or mirrored surfaces. If Wipe New accidentally comes in contact with these types of surfaces, wipe it off immediately. Application to glass or mirrored surfaces is not an approved use for Wipe New and the Wipe New Protection Guarantee is not extended to the use of Wipe New on glass or mirrored surfaces.

13) Can Wipe New be used on painted surfaces?

With proper surface preparation and application by a professional detailer in a proper setting, Wipe New can be very effective on powder coated painted surfaces. If the surface is not first thoroughly prepared, especially if it has a clear coat, applying Wipe New will cause the finish to appear streaked. Application to a painted surface is not an advertised use for Wipe New and is done so at the vehicle owner`s sole risk. Wipe New`s Protection Guarantee does not extend to the use of Wipe New on painted surfaces.

14) How can I remove Wipe New from a painted surface?

Although it is more easily removed if wiped from undesirable surfaces immediately, cured Wipe New can be removed from paint using a small amount of polishing compound. We recommend that you apply the compound to a microfiber cloth then work it into the affected area in a circular motion. With a little time and effort the compound will remove Wipe New from the surface, and you can use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe away any remaining compound residue. Use your preferred polish or wax to restore the shine to the affected area.

15) How long will Wipe New last after it`s applied to the surface?

Wipe New is guaranteed to last for two years on most surfaces, but may require reapplication over time to surfaces that are regularly exposed to oils from the skin and/or friction such as vinyl/leather car seats, steering wheels, gear shift knobs, etc.

16) Can Wipe New be removed from the surface after it has cured/dried?

You can use extremely fine high-grit sandpaper (such as 2000 or 3000 grit) to sand the surface and remove Wipe New.

17) Why does the surface look streaked while/immediately after applying Wipe New?

When Wipe New begins to dry on the applicator cloth, streaking may occur during application. Make sure that the cloth is completely saturated and stays wet during the entire application process; the dry surface of the cloth should never touch a treated surface post-application. Streaking may also occur on surfaces that have not been thoroughly prepped (cleaned with soap and water, free of greases/oils and dust particles). Finally, if the treated surface is exposed to moisture within 24 hours of application; streaking may occur.

18) Can I apply Wipe New to a fiberglass surface?

Yes. Wipe New will restore shine to the surface, protect it from UV damage, and make it easier to clean. If there is any UV damage underneath the existing gel/clear coat, then Wipe New will not remove it. Before applying, ensure the surface is thoroughly cleansed and allowed to dry completely, and protect the surface from moisture for 24 hours post-application.

19) Is there a product to available to clean oxidation before using Wipe New?

As we do not carry a product to remove oxidation, we suggest that you prep and clean your fiberglass vehicles as you would normally do. Wipe your hand across the surface to make certain that there is no residue left. Before you apply Wipe New™ (test in an inconspicuous spot); make sure the surface is completely DRY. Apply in indirect sunlight and protect the surface from moisture for 24 hours post-application.

What does this warranty cover?

Wipe New is guaranteed two (2) year protection to the original purchaser (only) on most plastic, rubber, metal, acrylic, vinyl and chrome automotive surfaces (some exclusions apply) but only when 1) purchased directly from Avento, or a Wipe New authorized retailer, and 2) used according to supplied product instructions. You must keep your ORIGINAL receipt or packing slip as proof of purchase.

What does this warranty not cover?

Surfaces that come in constant contact with oils from the skin and/or friction (i.e. vinyl/leather seats, steering wheels, gear shift knobs, etc) are not covered as these surfaces may require reapplication over time.

Tires.

Glass, mirrored and painted surfaces; use on these surfaces is at your own risk.

Surfaces that have been damaged due to misuse, abuse or accident.

Loss of time, loss of use, car rentals, or other incidental damages.

Consequential damages (the cost of repairing or replacing property which is damaged if Wipe New doesn`t work properly).

Lol when did you see this infomercial?

audiguy69
08-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I have seen this product advertised on TV quite a lot lately.

If it actually does what it says it does - it would be a total game changer as a product.

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it...

Jpostal
08-13-2012, 03:09 PM
For $20 it would be worth trying.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-13-2012, 03:46 PM
A co worker of mine used this on his avalanche and saw 2 months before it was gone

BA_Titan
08-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I would be very wary of ordering from these people! Lots of complaints of double and triple billing, only 1 bottle shows up. Lots of trouble to get money back for messed up orders.

Just my 2 cents... Hate for anyone to get burned!