PDA

View Full Version : How to edit my mistake in a post?

a73elkyss
03-22-2006, 07:36 AM
I made a mistake in a statement in this post. (http://www.detailcity.org/forums/detail-city-polls/17150-grit-guard-effectiveness.html). I would like to edit out the links that I put in my response. Is there an "edit" feature that I can use to modify just my mistake? I don`t see the normal "edit" button next to the "quote" button within the post.

Thanks,

Big Leegr
03-22-2006, 07:40 AM
The one from the 16th? You can`t fix it. I think the limit to edit is 6 hours after posting. (To prevent people from changing their statements after replies have been made, thus making the replies useless/seem out of place.)
If you were wanting to edit out the "No hotlinking" pictures, you could ask a Mod to edit that for you.

audiboy
03-22-2006, 07:48 AM
I took care of it for you. :)

a73elkyss
03-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the clarification Big Leegr and thanks for getting rid of my mistake about "hot links" Audiboy. I post a lot on El Camino Central and they have asked members to stop "hot linking" images. I forgot and did post the "hot link" that I couldn`t correct. I`ve since set up another place on my website just to post pictures for "hot linking" inside posts to this and other sites.

Thanks again! I do appreciate it.