PDA

View Full Version : Help me brainstorm: Organizing a car wash/detailing meet & learn/share

Nth Degree
08-07-2012, 11:08 PM
:ideaI have been tossing around the idea of a organizing a gathering of people/cars where they can learn about proper washing and drying techniques, share and experiment with products, have a time a dedicated time and place to clean their car, etc.

This idea comes from numerous customers who ask a lot of questions about maintaining their DDs as well as numerous people at car shows who say they do all their work themselves and are not comfortable letting someone else touch their car, yet their cars are badly in need of proper attention. It would be an excellent opportunity for people who use OTC products to sample products that might be outside their normal price point.

My first issue is finding a location. The convenience of water and electricity is key. Someone recently gave me the idea of a church lot. Perhaps a small donation from each attendee for the use of space and utilities would be sufficient. Thoughts/ideas?

While I do not do retail, arranging group buys would be a benefit for those who want just a small amount of product or making ordering easy and reducing shipping costs.

I have a lot of other thoughts, but rather than rambling, I want to hear what everyone thinks.

Paul2011
08-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Church parking lot would probably be your best bet, if they supply you with water and power. If you have the money you could get a Honda power generator, they run pretty quiet and give you enough power for everything you need. For car washes you could show them how to to an ONR wash over the traditional method. But it all depends on what your trying to teach also, just washing cars or how to buff and wax cars.