PDA

View Full Version : Mobile car wash expectations

Paul2011
08-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Every time I wash a car for someone I sometimes get carried away and use some of my detail products to clean brake dust and other things I know I can fix. My question is where do you guys draw the line between detailing and car wash. I normally just do an ONR wash and dress the tires as advertised on my website.

DaVinci Detail
08-07-2012, 10:05 AM
You`re about to experience the beauty of `up-selling`.

Be very clear with your clients about expectations and what exactly you`ll be performing. This helps deter any issues later on. Don`t do extra, and it was one of the hardest things I had to learn. Simply explain your packages, what each is and what each costs. Different price points are your friend.

I order rack cards from vistaprint. com with my packages/prices/info. Easy to hand them to potential clients who interrupt while I`m working, and also for clients to refer back to.

Good luck.

rustytruck
08-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Sometimes my car wash comes out to good. Who wants to pay $100 for a wash wax when just the wash looks to good for $35. I just had my wife re do my services page. Starting Sept 1st I am eliminating my hand wash option because of the point you are making.

LaurenZ
09-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Do and use only that thing that you had mention and you gave commitment to the customer, don`t do less not more.Its a good practice to do business professionally.Some cleaning need a detailing product some only through washing it depends.You should categorize your service according to price.

HoffDetailing
10-04-2012, 03:57 AM
It`s all about setting the right expectations. If you over promise you can be setting yourself up for some high expectations.

Jean-Claude
10-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Imo, charge enough to do it right. This usually means your wash price is on track to be what other outfits call "full details". I like to make $60-$95 per hour and I charge for it.