PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question - Metrovac....

Concourswanna b
08-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Had my Metropolitan Vac for years, and it`s great. Occasionally I`ll use it for drying the cars after a wash, but I noticed that it works much better without the thin "yellow" filter installed. I haven`t noticed dirt blowing out, but is this a bad idea?

Quick searches didn`t turn up much about removing the filter - it`s less powerful with it in, but probably safer. Bought the vac so many years ago that I don`t even have a manual.:lol:

imported_WhyteWizard
08-03-2012, 09:00 AM
The one I have has a black foam filter and that one seems to have no effect on air flow. I think you should call metrovac and see if they`ll send you the new replacement part.

Robert

Concourswanna b
08-03-2012, 02:33 PM
The one I have has a black foam filter and that one seems to have no effect on air flow. I think you should call metrovac and see if they`ll send you the new replacement part.

Robert

Thanks Robert - the one I have has a thin yellow almost fiberglass-like filter behind where the fabric collection bag goes. I take the bag out for car drying... I`ll try it with no bag but with a new filter. I think i just need to get one of the Blaster deals anyhow...

Bunky
08-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I contacted Dave at Metro a while back and he said it is fine to use the metro without the end cap or bag/filter in place (keep the mesh filter) for drying. The resulting drying capability is close to the Metro Master Blaster with one motor on.

Concourswanna b
08-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I contacted Dave at Metro a while back and he said it is fine to use the metro without the end cap or bag/filter in place (keep the mesh filter) for drying. The resulting drying capability is close to the Metro Master Blaster with one motor on.

Thanks Bunky, that`s great info! I knew someone on here would know.