PDA

View Full Version : Client "Thank You" Gifts - Small Bottles of QD & MF Towel. Thoughts?

imported_Quenga
07-31-2012, 09:51 PM
What are your thoughts on offering your customers a small, 4oz bottle of a QD and a "cheap" microfiber towel for bird dropping touch ups? And by cheap I mean a Target MF (they are currently on sale for $5.99 for 8! $.75 each!), which I use in all of my details.

I instruct them exactly how to "soak" and then "gently" clean up the mess to prevent damage. I give it to them in a small sandwich bag, so they can place the dirty rag in the bag for me to exchange on my next maintenance visit (usually bi-weekly). That way they aren`t ruining it by washing it themselves. I only offer this to my maintenance clients and I don`t charge them for it. It costs me $1.50 at most. I would like to put together a small maintenance kit in the future and sell it as a bonus, but until then, I give this away for free.

My marketing goal is to show customers I not only want to keep their paint in good condition, but protect the work I put into getting their car to the next level. Not all of my customers will call me back to wash their car immediately after a bird dropping incident. And, while I could make money removing it, the chance it sits too long and then requires polishing, isn`t in their best interest. So far I`ve only had positive responses and many thank you`s/"how thoughtful" responses. My customers seem to like it so far...

...but what are your thoughts?

Garry Dean
07-31-2012, 10:03 PM
I do this regularly... Its a little easier for me though because i do have my own product line...

polishd
08-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Quite a good idea, I like it..car detailing adelaide (http://www.polishd.com.au/Sapphire%20Detail.html)

JSFM35X
08-14-2012, 05:36 AM
I think it is a great idea. I would mix some onr or other rinse less product to bird bomb removal strength. Put it in a trigger bottle and use a brother p touch to label it with emergency touch up kit. Add you number place it in a zip lock bag with the mf. Tell them you will re-fill it every detail. People appreciate it and never know what the secret sauce is or how you mixed it. They just say wow I got a whole quart of rtu chemical to help me out of a jam.

Great idea. If you ,really busy have the bottles screen printed although the minimums might be high. Or perhaps have a waterproof sticker made.

Good luck.

imported_WhyteWizard
08-15-2012, 07:50 AM
What are your thoughts on offering your customers a small, 4oz bottle of a QD and a "cheap" microfiber towel for bird dropping touch ups? And by cheap I mean a Target MF (they are currently on sale for $5.99 for 8! $.75 each!), which I use in all of my details.

I instruct them exactly how to "soak" and then "gently" clean up the mess to prevent damage. I give it to them in a small sandwich bag, so they can place the dirty rag in the bag for me to exchange on my next maintenance visit (usually bi-weekly). That way they aren`t ruining it by washing it themselves. I only offer this to my maintenance clients and I don`t charge them for it. It costs me $1.50 at most. I would like to put together a small maintenance kit in the future and sell it as a bonus, but until then, I give this away for free.

My marketing goal is to show customers I not only want to keep their paint in good condition, but protect the work I put into getting their car to the next level. Not all of my customers will call me back to wash their car immediately after a bird dropping incident. And, while I could make money removing it, the chance it sits too long and then requires polishing, isn`t in their best interest. So far I`ve only had positive responses and many thank you`s/"how thoughtful" responses. My customers seem to like it so far...

...but what are your thoughts?

What do you think of putting in a separate bag for the dirty microfiber cloth and a pair of latex gloves? They can put the cloth and the gloves in the bag, throw them away and call you.

Robert

Robert

rustytruck
08-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Sounds like a good idea.