PDA

View Full Version : ZAINO All in One leaving residue with Orbital Buffer

Going Mobile
07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi, my Zaino All in One (Zaino AIO) is leaving behind this oily residue/film that seems impossible to buff off in places. My microfiber cloth just seems to smudge it from place to place. I`ve used my bottle of Zaino AIO in the past and don`t recall this problem. I am using my black and decker porter cable to apply in about a 3 by 3 foot area. I`ve tried to put it on lightly and also worked it in longer. Seems the longer I work it in by running the buffer over it repeatedly, the harder it is to buff off afterwards. I eventually had to put a terry buffing cloth over my orbital buffer to try and get it off. However it is not perfect either as it still leaves this residue film in some places.

So was wondering is it that I might be applying to much, which I doubt since wouldn`t go over it again and again make that better, not worse?

Could it be that the product (probably more than 4 years old now) has lost some of its properties?

Maybe the humidity is to high (very humid where I live in N.C.; as we are one of the few places that is not in a drought since we have been getting rain almost daily)?

Maybe I shouldn`t even bother with a Porter Cable with this product. Would it be better to just use a hand applicator?

I understand that Z6 can be used to clean up surfaces after other Zaino products. But if I use this will it take some of the protective qualities of ZAIO off as well?

I also have some Z5 and Z-CS that I could followup with. Just not sure what my approach should be.

Thanks,

Bryan

Dan
07-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Couple of things...

-All Zaino products dislike humidity

-ZAIO has to be used SUPER thin. If you use too much it will do exactly as you are describing

-ZAIO works best on a white polishing pad. IMO microfiber is too easy to load up with too much product.

http://www.datasmuggler.com/images/car_cleaning/speed_vs_zaio_31.jpg

That is how much I use to prime a pad, then I use about 1/8-1/4 that per panel.

Accumulator
07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
The only time I had this issue was when I used M205 before it, and apparently failed to get all the TSOs off before doing the ZAIO.

Going Mobile
07-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Wow, if that`s all we should use then I maybe putting to much on then. Sorry, if it wasn`t clear. I am using a similar pad for polishes. I meant I was using the microfiber pad to take it off since I was having a hard time doing it by hand. But I will try to put less on then.

On a side note, I went out this morning to look at the car and it seems to have faded so was thinking about going ahead and putting Z5 on. I will pull it out of the garage in the light to check again to be sure. I guess if it is still thick I could wipe it down using Z6.

Dan
07-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah, the stuff goes crazy far. A lot of folks complain about the cost of the bottle but its so cheap per use when you factor in using less than an ounce per car.

I`d do a wipedown with some distilled water, let the car dry and go for the Z5. Z5 is the same if not worse. Grab a travel sized shampoo bottle, the 3.5 oz ones. Fill it 1/3 of the way and try to use about 1/2 (total of 1/2 oz) of that for the whole car.

imported_RZJZA80
07-31-2012, 02:28 PM
How does the ZAIO compare to the OPS? They look exactly the same to me

Dan
07-31-2012, 03:50 PM
How does the ZAIO compare to the OPS? They look exactly the same to me

Optimum Poliseal? See my AIO shootout from way back when on my opinions and pictures. The real difference is ZAIO seems to be the only AIO that can make it into the 3-6 month range on a DD. DG501 gets close, but nothing else seems to last that long for me.

imported_RZJZA80
07-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Cool, I`ll have to try it out