PDA

View Full Version : Natty`s Blue with a PC???

stang03
03-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Is it bad to apply Natty`s Blue with a PC 7424?? I was just wondering because I have just applied two coats with one on the slowest speed, but all of the jars say by hand?? Just wondering if it made a difference??

Thanks
Brent

cwcad
03-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Sure it can be applied by a PC. There is nothing wrong with that. I am sure that you put down a very even coat of product on your vehicle.

I disliked trying to get the product out of the jar onto the pad. It is easier for me to use an applicator,wether a foam pad or MF pad, to put down a thin even layer of the product.

If you like it...KEEP doing it!!

stang03
03-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Sweet, Thanks alot

jdoria
04-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I just did this for the first time with a Blue 6.5in pad and Natty`s blue wax. I was happy with the results.

I had a question while doing this, what do you do?

1. Do you let thw wax dry and then go back and remove it with the Porter Cable?
2. Do you work the wax until it is gone and move to the next section?
3. Do you apply the wax and then immediately remove it with a microfober?
4. Do you apply the wax, let to dry and then remove it with a microfiber?

Poorboy
04-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I just did this for the first time with a Blue 6.5in pad and Natty`s blue wax. I was happy with the results.

I had a question while doing this, what do you do?

1. Do you let thw wax dry and then go back and remove it with the Porter Cable?
2. Do you work the wax until it is gone and move to the next section?
3. Do you apply the wax and then immediately remove it with a microfober?
4. Do you apply the wax, let to dry and then remove it with a microfiber?

Natty`s is not a wipe on wipe off product..it must be allowed to haze and dry before removal with a microfiber by hand. I find removing or adding additional coats of any product with a PC is going to remove some of the previous applications just due to the friction induced by the machine.
You are only leaving a microscopic layer to start and any additional force or friction used to remove a product will result in less product being left behind. :)

jdoria
04-01-2006, 08:20 PM
This is customer service.

Try to get service like this from your credit card company.

jdoria
04-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Natty`s is not a wipe on wipe off product..it must be allowed to haze and dry before removal with a microfiber by hand. I find removing or adding additional coats of any product with a PC is going to remove some of the previous applications just due to the friction induced by the machine.
You are only leaving a microscopic layer to start and any additional force or friction used to remove a product will result in less product being left behind. :)

I put the car in the sun today for the first time after removing the Natys wax with a Porter Cable. DISASTER, Ill need to polish the car again and re-wax by hand. I see swirls that I cant stand.
I polished with a rotary and 3M foam pad glaze and pulled it in the sun and was pleased prior to using the Swirler Cable.

stang03
04-07-2006, 08:26 PM
I put four layers on with a pc and the results were outstanding...i washed a few days later and the water wouldnt even stay on the car!!

2005Accord
04-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Why is it called `nattys`? is that a person?

Poorboy
04-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Why is it called `nattys`? is that a person?

Well that`s a long story .here`s a short version...there is a member here that doesn`t come around much anymore..his name is Nattybumppo ...the name comes from the book "Last of the Mohegans" ..Natty or Mike ...is a friend of mine and told me I should have a paste wax. Being that I was pretty old school and had my doubts that anyone would use paste wax after the horrors and nightmares I had of using the old style pastes,hard to apply and remove, I really didn`t want to make a paste wax.
I told him I would have my chemist make one but in return he had to test it and write the directions for use. To make a long story short, it was made , it worked really well and very easy and I named it after him.:D

joe.p
04-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Well that`s a long story .here`s a short version...there is a member here that doesn`t come around much anymore..his name is Nattybumppo ...the name comes from the book "Last of the Mohegans" ..Natty or Mike ...is a friend of mine and told me I should have a paste wax. Being that I was pretty old school and had my doubts that anyone would use paste wax after the horrors and nightmares I had of using the old style pastes,hard to apply and remove, I really didn`t want to make a paste wax.
I told him I would have my chemist make one but in return he had to test it and write the directions for use. To make a long story short, it was made , it worked really well and very easy and I named it after him.:D
Cool Story Steve.

2005Accord
04-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Cool Story Steve.

VERY cool story!

97F1504x4
04-09-2006, 12:07 PM
I put the car in the sun today for the first time after removing the Natys wax with a Porter Cable. DISASTER, Ill need to polish the car again and re-wax by hand. I see swirls that I cant stand.
I polished with a rotary and 3M foam pad glaze and pulled it in the sun and was pleased prior to using the Swirler Cable.

I doubt that the swirling was induced by the Natty.s being applied with the PC.
Not saying it couldn`t have happened but i doubt that was the cause.

Richard