PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun vs Foam Cannon

dmw16
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
I currently use a foam gun hooked to a standard hose but recently I`ve been thinking of buying a power washer and foam cannon.

For the at-home detailer is it worth spending the few hundred bucks to go to a foam cannon? The power washer would be useful for other various things - cleaning the wheels, stuff around the house, etc.

Dan
07-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Get a good pressure washer and skip the foam canon. The foam canon is hocus pocus and all that extra soap isn`t exactly good for the runoff water. With a good pressure washer and wand you`ll have very little dirt to wash off the car after you spray it down. I can typically do four cars before my wash water turns greyish.

dmw16
07-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Get a good pressure washer and skip the foam canon. The foam canon is hocus pocus and all that extra soap isn`t exactly good for the runoff water. With a good pressure washer and wand you`ll have very little dirt to wash off the car after you spray it down. I can typically do four cars before my wash water turns greyish.

Thanks.

So you rinse the car down with the pressure washer before applying soap or you soap it then rinse with the pressure washer?

What PSI do you use on the pressure washer?

Dan
07-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I usually just rinse the car off without soap using a flat fan nozzle. Then I wash the car with soap, rinse with the PW. My machine is ~1400 psi, but its really the tip that matters. I wash with a stream that would hurt your hand but not cause any harm.

Its certainly no hard fast rule, but try it out, see what works for you. I don`t get much effect from foam other that it looks neat. The important part is to wash off the abrasive dirt, which the water does a great job of.

jballon
07-27-2012, 10:13 PM
You should check out CG`s new foam cannon

Pressure Washer Foam Cannon, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer, Pressure Washer Foam Cannon or lance (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Pressure_Washer_Foam_Cannon_foam_lance_foam_wash_p/eqp_304.htm)

PoorOwner
07-28-2012, 05:03 PM
You should check out CG`s new foam cannon

Pressure Washer Foam Cannon, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer, Pressure Washer Foam Cannon or lance (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Pressure_Washer_Foam_Cannon_foam_lance_foam_wash_p/eqp_304.htm)

I got the MTM hydro foam lance from ebay for $53, is this really any different than the one on CG?