PDA

View Full Version : Mothers products must-haves?

tonipieleanu
07-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Are there any? I`ve searched the forum for some opinions on Mothers products, but didn`t find anything really good about them.

I`ve discovered a source for them over here and I was wondering if there anything really worth having.

TGates
07-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Mother`s products are pretty good, IMO. If I`m in a pinch and I need something OTC, I have no problem going with Mother`s. I don`t know if they have any "must haves" but I wouldn`t be afraid to use any of their products.

Their detail spray is great. Car Wash is okay, nothing special IMO but better than any of the fluorescent colored offerings. Their synthetic and pure carnauba waxes are easy to use but seem to taper off quickly. The Clay Kit is solid and their wheel cleaners are pretty good. I`ve used their paint cleanser before with good results. They also have some nice washing and drying accessories.

Dan
07-23-2012, 08:53 AM
BlackSunshine makes some good points, a great all around line. IMO the FX tire shine is the standout, in my opinion the absolute best there is, OTC or not. Another standout is their wool wash mitts. The standout LSP is their cleaner wax. Its pretty durable for a cleaner wax and its a very intense cleaner, amazing on hardwater spots and, perfect for neglected cars. Most people don`t give it a second thought as its so cheap. The Step 3 paste is pretty nice too, great substitute if you love the looks of #16 with decent durability.

imported_MCA
07-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Mother`s offers a very solid, competitive line on the OTC-level - You really can`t go wrong with any of their products. As previously mentioned, the FX tire shine is an above-average, water-based product. Their towels (I *believe* re-branded Viking towels) especially their foam-core drying towels are of high quality and performance. IME, the FX spray wax is a booster wax so don`t expect long durability but the appearance and ease-of-use is topnotch.

The only product that I was not truly happy with was their "Back to Black" trim restorer. It is not an instant gratification product as it requires several (I would argue continuous) applications...it does work, but it take a long, long time to see the results.

awcjacobs
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM
I agree that Mother Quick Detailer (Showtime) is pretty good. Actually I will buy it over ordering stuff online. I also like their dash protestant, smells good and leave a good shine, but not an oily, greasy shine.