PDA

View Full Version : Zaino z2.

gerson
07-17-2012, 08:17 PM
I`m new to the forum, greetings live in panama, I would like to know a little more than ZAINOz2 and seen pictures and the results are impressive and I wanted to tell me a little more product. Thank you.

Dan
07-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Welcome, Z2 is a good sealant. If you have perfectly polished paint, its a good choice, especially for a show car.

gerson
07-17-2012, 09:39 PM
THANKS. in their application of Z2 and ZFX as serious? 1 oz for 3 layers gives?

vtextc
07-17-2012, 09:54 PM
I`m a big Zaino advocate myself and love using Z5 topped with Z2. As I found out quite recently, the finish is greatly enhanced with the use of a DA such my new PC 7424XP. ZFX will expediate the curing process but truly both Z2 and Z5 dry/cure quickly even without it.

Just my 2c.

Asif

gerson
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM
because I have no ZAINO z6 I can use distilled water spray between coats?

Dan
07-18-2012, 06:49 AM
I can easily get 3 coats with 1 ounce. Actually two with half an ounce is the way to go because a whole ounce is too much. IMO Zfx is hocus pocus.

What are you using to polish your paint beforehand? Many polishes interfere with Zaino bonding.

imported_MCA
07-18-2012, 08:27 AM
I love me some Zaino. It is one of two LSP choices (the other is Klasse SG) that I use for the winter protection as durability is great. You will get several comments/replies on the "look", but I firmly believe that "beauty in the eye of the beholder" and I really like the overall appearance of Zaino. For silver cars, it is one of the first products I reach for.

With regards to process, I don`t have or use ZFX as I still have the old school Z1. I add a layer on a weekly basis after a wash so I don`t have a particular need/use for ZFX...of course, your circumstances may differ and you may want to have ZFX for multiple layers in the same day. Something to consider is purchasing ZAIO as it will clean/prep the paint surface and you will not need to worry about any polishing oils that may interfere with Zaino...it effectively supersedes Z1.

Note: Added the below comments after my initial post...

As Dan mentioned, I also get about 3 mid-size cars (including wheels and windows) per Zaino ounce. I recommend using an MF application pad via hand so that you can keep product usage low...machine application is ok but the foam pads themselves will absorb (ultimately, waste) more than an ounce of product.

Unfortunately, the most frequently used Zaino products (QD and car wash) are not available in gallon capacities. In an effort to save money, I have explored alternatives. Z6 is a good QD to use...However, an alternative product that I have used without any compatibility issues is Meguiar`s #34 Final Inspection. In addition, #34 is much cheaper especially since it is available in gallon form. Zaino car wash is a very good (albeit fairly strong) carwash, but I have used Duragloss 901/902 without any issues.

Zaino Z8 is one item that you should get along with Z2 or Z5 - In my opinion, it is in the top tier of comparable products.

gerson
07-18-2012, 02:26 PM
ok friend botte of ZFX is 2 oz, with half the botte that logic is 1 ounce, gives up to 3 layers of chestnut is so? 2-I think that seeketh to a professional to do a polished car, because here I have little knowledge. 3 - in my country for a car with Meguiars polish which would be the recommended products? Thank you.

Dan
07-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Half the bottle will give you OVER 3 layers on a normal car if you apply it thin. I think using that much per session is a waste, you are much better off mixing up a 1/4 bottle, for 1/2 an oz and doing two coats. The layering thing they advise is a way for you to pay for Sal`s retirement just a little bit faster.

Meguiars makes some great polishes, but they are also oil rich. Zaino does not bond well at all to oils. I would recommend a solvent or multiple IPA wipedowns before you apply Zaino. ZAIO wouldn`t be a bad idea. And as MCA said, Z8 is great stuff, I`d grab some of that as well.

gerson
07-18-2012, 06:39 PM
ok, will see later how to measure Z2 and ZFX.

no problem using z2 + ZFX and between layers 34 of Meguiars inspection to remove waste?