PDA

View Full Version : Next wash...trying some different products. Any suggestions

FreddieG
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I finally did my first "real detail" and it went pretty good. I used the following products

Optimum Car Wash (smells great btw)

Mothers Clay with ClearKote QS as the lube

ClearKote Red Machine Glaze

ClearKote CW

Towel Pro Towels

Adams Super VHT or Tires

Great results....btw

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/141483-new-car-my-first-outside-detail.html

However I received some free opti-seal and now I`m wanting to try it with some other optimum products. How does this sound to you guys?

OCW

Opti-seal (cure for 24 hours and apply another coat)

Opti-Car Wax or ClearKote CW

Is either one of the wax applications necessary? Anything other step I should do?

Dan
07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
At the next wash, just dry the car and top whatever you have with the Optiseal.

FreddieG
07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks so I wax then top with opti-seal?

Dan
07-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I was just saying to wash and use the Optiseal.

Leadfootluke
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I have the original formula of Opti-Seal and busted it out the other day when I washed a family members vehicle and thought I would quickly seal it on top of washing it. I forgot how quick I can seal a vehicle and how good it looks the next day. I haven`t corrected/OC`d my wheels yet, but in the meantime I have used OS and it has worked very well to repel dust and tar.

I would do as Dan says and after you wash your car again, apply OS. The only concern I may have is how it will work over a glaze, but I know it can be applied over cured OCWax and work fine. If you haven`t applied OCW, start with OS, as sealants need paint to bond to.

And I have become a big fan of Optimum`s products. I haven`t used the polishes, but on my personal cars I use Opti-bond and their Instant Detailer after most washes. Poliseal, OS, and OCWax have been on my vehicles at one point or another and I use OCWash weekly as my maintenance wash.

FreddieG
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks guys I will definitely try it out next.