PDA

View Full Version : Let`s all take a minute and brag a little

Richard Grasa
07-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I thought it would be fun to share some of our best customer reviews with each other. Not as a contest to see who has the best reviews, but to take a minute and pat ourselves on the back for being some of the best detailers out there. We all work hard to do the best job we can and make our customers as happy as possible and it shows. I was blown away today when I got this review from one of my favorite customers.

"Hands down the best place to get your vehicle detailed. Especially for those individuals who don`t want the cookie cutter detail done by most shops. This guy listens to what you want and fine tunes the work done based on your needs and expectations. Extremely accommodating and very honest. Pricing is very fair either way you go... if you want the `package" price for those not so picky or you want the ala cart price \ hourly rate detail for the perfectionist. Other shops miss things, skip steps or leave things out of the process that leave you asking yourself why did I pay to have this done. Not here. This place covers it all and "details", pun intended, your vehicle from start to finish. Add to it, the owner is extremely nice, down to earth and easily approachable. Highly recommended. Period."

Post yours up!

PhatHoodDetail
07-02-2012, 01:41 AM
nice review keep up the good work

Nth Degree
07-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I resisted posting photos of my work for a long time in part because I don`t like to sing my own praises. Since doing so, however, I have had numerous customers find me through this site. In the interest of potential advertising I`ll play along.

"Chris, can`t resist going out to the garage about every 15 minutes to look at my car. It looks gorgeous!!! Thanks again for your hard work. Can`t be more satisfied!"

"...in a word "Unbelievable". With the exception of some rock chips on the hood, my car is "perfect". I can`t believe how good it looks. The finish is so slick that I have trouble putting my car cover on - it keeps sliding off the car before I can get it pulled over the corners. He even polished my tailights. They look brand new and feel smooth - unbelievable.

I have viewed detailers "paint restoration" projects on Prime with envy, now I know what it feels like. I will recommend Chris without any reservation. Terrific detailer."

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/137973-nth-degree-auto-detailing-black-99-nsx.html

"Just got back from the Celebration Exotic Car Show. In addition to the several hundred Ferrari`s of every description, Lambo`s, Maserati`s, Aston`s, Jaquar`s Porsche`s, Bugatti`s, Bentley`s, Delorean`s etc, there were 4 NSX`s, 2 Black ones - Few of the black cars in the entire show (including numerous Ferrari`s were as flawless as mine!!!

Great, great job."

"Thanks - appreciate it. And I am still loving my NSX. I haven`t had the car cover on it since you completed the restoration. Just want to look at it every chance I get. By the way - (name withheld)`s ZR1 looks amazing!!!"

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/138004-nth-degree-auto-detailing-another-99-nsx-red-time.html

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/137968-black-93-zr-1-my-first-post-photos.html

Barry Theal
07-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I once had a guy cry in total disbelief when I gave his car back to him. Probally the most rewarding detail for me to this date.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/121395-86-mercedes-turbo-diesel-27-hours-polishing-barry-theal-presidential-details.html

smokinfastlegen
07-02-2012, 01:38 PM
I once had a guy cry in total disbelief when I gave his car back to him. Probally the most rewarding detail for me to this date.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/121395-86-mercedes-turbo-diesel-27-hours-polishing-barry-theal-presidential-details.html

Bringin back the old school!

This is mine:

Mike...your skills are insane. I swear, you and Joey are the best of the best. I didn`t know what a really quality detail was until I met Joey. What he did to the Vette was insane!

People- for real...take your car to Mirror...it will love you for it!

MirrorDetailing
07-02-2012, 02:40 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/140755-mirror-detailing-65-mercedes-280sl-restoration-car-2010-sti-1-step.html

The `65 Benz in the above thread. Owner of the shop that did the car, took it too their local courthouse to get some photos for their quarterly newsletter they send out. They sent it and told me that day they have numerous calls and emails commenting on the car and how some of the customers want the same thing done to theirs before delivery. Well one customer of the thread below (`59 190 Benz) his car had been sitting for three years and after seeing the news letter said he wanted his car there as soon as possible to have the same thing done. About the best one I have...I think.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/140908-1959-mercedes-190sl-correction-mirror-detailing.html

autoaesthetica
07-03-2012, 05:11 PM
So for those of you that know - my mobile details are done out of my Evolution IX, just this week, people are taken to the point of "are we at the right place" when they meet me because I apparently look like I`m in my early 20s.

Subject: 2006 Corvette ZO6 in LeMans Blue

Treatment: Full correction for show season, referred by customer`s brother(Heavily modded Lotus Elise)

This almost made my eyes well up, was so flattered.

"Like so many car lovers I know, I recently found myself looking for someone to "detail" my car. And I`m sure just like everyone else that has gone down this road I found that everyone has the best detail guy there is. Starting to sound familiar? Well let me tell you about my detail guy.

Where do I start with this, and doing my best to not turn this into a roast of Mike. Ah yes the magic show. Picture this, hear comes this baby faced kid pulling into your driveway who starts unloading tote after tote, lights, buckets, products, a camera and most important his trusty flashlight. All of this stuff come out of a Lancer, I mean honestly it was like watching a clown car empty out. At this point all I can think about is where does he keep all this stuff. Needless to say just he`s not your average car guy with a bottle of compound and a DA. After Mike took a minute to get himself set up, I got to watch him wash my car without a hose. Puzzled I asked him a few questions. One thing you will notice when you talk to him is that he is very well spoken. Everything he does to the car is well thought out and with good reason behind it. Whenever I would question him on his methods he would reply with a answer that reflects how much thought he has give to this. It never stops amazing me that someone could pay such close attention to something that seems so simple, but I guess that`s the only way a self taught person takes this way past "detailing."

As time progressed and driven by curiosity, I would come to check on him to see how things were going. I mean at this point I was comfortable with him working on the car, but I also was questioning myself why would anyone pay to have a garage kept car that`s never seen rain with 5K miles detailed? Anyways back to Mike. By the second half of day one he has managed to turn my garage into his personal operating room and the doctor was in. He was all over the car taking notes, snapping pics, and planing his approach. At one point when I asked him about what products he was going to use he explained that he was trying different products on different parts of the car to find the best results while minimizing any side affects. Dr. Mike used the analogy you can use napalm to kill a fly, but the fly swatter will do. Explaining that the more aggressive he gets, the more years you take off the paint. Over the next couple of days he came and went and I would come down while he was working, obsessing, making videos and taking pictures. He used the fluorescent lights, his halogen in the dark and inspected with his flashlight. Who does that?

After many long days Dr. Mike is finally done. The only thing I was disappointed about was that he was gone when I first saw the finished product. I walked in the door and I felt like I was on an episode of overhauling. The car actually looked like a different color. Mike went way above and beyond what we had talked about in order to make this car look as close to new as I could ever imagine. Would you ever think to yourself, "Hey lets take the tail lights out and polish the lens?" He did. He`s an over educated guy having a Masters degree, he looks like he`s about 25 years old, so obsessive he should be medicated, and to top it off he may be strung out on caffeinated beverages. Who else would you want to handle your car? So if you are looking for fast and cheap, try the local car wash. But you`re looking for someone that can take your car way past a detail, call the man. A guy that can teach you how to maintain the work when he`s done. Mike is a trust worthy person that you can leave alone in you house. As a matter of fact I actually left him a key.

Mike thank you again for all that you have done. You are truly gifted, and it was amazing to be able to watch you work. It was really like watching a sculptor work. Please don`t hesitate to ask if there is anything I can do to help you out. "

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/282202_433462740019431_103494341_n.jpg

Richard Grasa
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Keep `em coming guys! That`s some absolutely outstanding work!

safetyman2010
07-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Just got this one:

These guys are amazing. I`ve had my car "detailed" at a few places around London and no one has ever come close to the quality of work Scotty`s does. If after you pick your car up it looks like the best cleaning job you could have done in your driveway - it`s not done right. Scotty`s crew makes the car look better than if it just rolled off the assembly line. I won`t EVER hand my keys over to another "professional" detailer again. They have my business as long as I own a vehicle. Don`t make the same mistakes many of us have before choosing Scotty`s Shine Shop. Go their first and save yourself the headache.