PDA

View Full Version : FK1 1016 Anti Static Wash and Wax

pogo123
03-18-2006, 07:07 PM
I received a 4oz sample bottle of the FK1 1016 Anti Static Wash and Wax and thought I`d give it a try today. It`s a gold colored, bubble gum scented, thick liquid and the instructions said to mix 2oz per gallon so that`s exactly how I mixed it. My Poorboys SS&S, which is my go to wash soap, says to mix at 1oz per 2 gallons so the FK1 uses four times as much soap for the same amount of wash. There were lots of suds in the bucket and I was washing with sheep skin mitts. When I put the soapy water on the car it seemed to clean well but all the suds disappeared and it looked almost like there wasn`t enough soap in the water. It didn`t feel anywhere near as slick as the Poorboys SS&S, but it washed well and rinced off VERY easily. When I flooded the car to sheet the water off I noticed that there was almost no water left on the car so I got my WW drying towel, opened it up and tossed it on the roof. It slid right across the roof and would have flown off the other side if I hadn`t caught it! Wow was that paint slick, even with a little water still on it. I usually wipe down with FK425 Spray Detailer after a wash but this finish was slicker then the 425 leaves it, and it looked like I had just waxed it. I`m not sure about the durability since I just used it today but I`m pretty impressed with the finish this soap left. It seems pretty expensive to use as a regular wash soap, and I just bought more SS&S but I just have to have a bottle of the FK1 on hand. Has anyone else here tried it, and what did you think? Sorry about the long post but in case you can`t tell, I was pretty impressed with this stuff.

ZaneO
03-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Hmm...I`ll be interested to read some more reviews. It sounds like it might be a promising product.

audiboy
03-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Long, descriptive posts are always welcomed. I`ve never heard of the product but would definately be interested in hearing more. The only downside I`m seeing is the amount of product and the price, like you mentioned.

-KGB-
03-19-2006, 12:25 AM
I got a sample as well. I liked it. Was very very slick. I thought I dont want a wax in my wash but I have a few layers of a poly topped with #16 so what is some more wax going to hurt. It looked good as well, you would swear that I just topped it with another coat of Nattys or #16

pogo123
03-19-2006, 11:10 AM
This is what FK has to say about the product.

"Poly-Wash & Wax Concentrate - Anti-Static

1016 is the ultimate wash and wax with real high tech polymer protection unlike any other product. Engineered from modified amides enhanced by the presence of fatty based amide derivatives. Cationic in nature 1016 generates a clear glossy protective film that attaches itself to finish while delivering a noticeable enhanced finish. The finish glistens without the use of waxes or oils. Excellent for use on paint, glass, chrome, gel coat, fiberglass and Plexiglas etc."

I`m not too sure that I buy into claims like "Engineered from modified amides enhanced by the presence of fatty based amide derivatives. Cationic in nature" but I can say the stuff left my car looking as good as it does when it`s just waxed. They want $15.95/QT and at 2oz/gallon that won`t go very far.

The Chee
03-19-2006, 11:18 AM
1Gallon #1016 = $31.83 (- 9.99% discount = $28.65)
Aint that bad if you get that ;)

LynchMOB
03-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Plus only $4.99 shipping.... no matter what.