PDA

View Full Version : adhesive sticker removal

blownvert
06-26-2012, 07:29 AM
i have a sticker on the inside lower left rear window. I also have tint. The problem is I put the sticker so low and i barely can reach it with my hand to pick/peel at it, since the interior trunk lid is there whatever you call it. im trying to find i guess a plastic razor scraper with a long handle. foot long? what is the best way to approach this without removing interior pieces?

imported_WCD
06-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Even the plastic blades can scratch- did this on a tinted window once. Just removed the same situation, but have steam. Windows were not aftermarket tint. Not sure steam would be good here to the tint. I placed a towel below to catch moisture and pieces. After a quick steam, I was able to peel it away.

Thomas Dekany
06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
I had the same idea as well. Good luck with the project.

blownvert
06-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Even the plastic blades can scratch- did this on a tinted window once. Just removed the same situation, but have steam. Windows were not aftermarket tint. Not sure steam would be good here to the tint. I placed a towel below to catch moisture and pieces. After a quick steam, I was able to peel it away.

im afraid the pressure from steam would ruin or make the tint peel, dont you think? im going to soak the sticker with wd40 and take a long handed plastic razor bladed scrapper i just ordered and carefully remove it.