PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Northern CA

superslow86
06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Hello all,

New guy here from CA. I have been lurking for a while and have been reading and gaining as much knowledge as possible. I am some what new to the detailing world but have been learning the basics and have provided friends and family with some nice details for experience. I have a small client base as of this time and do this more as a side thing and work full time. I enjoy a clean car and love seeing the before and after results and the looks on people faces when they see the difference. . I look forward to one day being able to provide some useful information and am always open to learn new tricks and tips.

Thanks again,

Ryan

David Fermani
06-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome to Autopia. You should consider attending one of 3D`s free training classes in Santa Clarita, CA.

David Fermani
06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Here`s the info on the seminars:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/3d-high-definition-car-care/134576-free-detailing-seminar-dates-locations.html

Thomas Dekany
06-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Welcome superslow!

One of those seminars would sure help you a lot. And keep reading and practice. What products have you been using? Do you use a machine of all by hand?

superslow86
06-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks guys. I will definitely check out the 3D classes, did not know they were free.

I have been experimenting with several different products, every car seems to react differently to them. I have used chemical guys, black fire, menzerna, meguiars, poor boys, DG, and some others I cannot remember off the top of my head. I am currently on a PC7424xp but have been considering jumping up to the flex DA for the additional power. I have done all different types of cars with pretty good outcomes so far, Dodge pick ups, Mercedes, BMW, Fords, Hondas. It is amazing how the paint differs from one to another. Thanks again to the warm welcome.

ls7drew
06-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Welcome, you came to the right place