PDA

View Full Version : Using multiple car covers

imported_pdsterns
06-12-2012, 05:20 PM
My Weathershield cover fell apart after about 4 years of use. It worked perfectly but I chose to replace with something else that was a little cheaper. It`s quilted and looks just fine but it is the terrible at protecting the car. When I remove it the car is filthy just unbelivable, completely covered with dust. Anyway my thought was to buy a new Weathershield HD and put the quilted cover over the top of it to protect the cover from the sun and weather, what do the resident experts think about this idea?

Legacy
06-12-2012, 05:35 PM
So your trying to protect the cover? If it lasted 4 years what`s the point?
My Weathershield cover fell apart after about 4 years of use. It worked perfectly but I chose to replace with something else that was a little cheaper. It`s quilted and looks just fine but it is the terrible at protecting the car. When I remove it the car is filthy just unbelivable, completely covered with dust. Anyway my thought was to buy a new Weathershield HD and put the quilted cover over the top of it to protect the cover from the sun and weather, what do the resident experts think about this idea?

imported_pdsterns
06-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Legacy, exactly, I thought $300 for 4 years was a little steep, maybe I have more respect for money then you.

Legacy
06-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Hey you asked for an opinion and I gave you mine.
Legacy, exactly, I thought $300 for 4 years was a little steep, maybe I have more respect for money then you.

togwt
06-13-2012, 05:11 AM
A car cover needs to allow transpiration (air in /air out) otherwise you`ll trap moisture between it and your paint, which may permeate the clear coat

Weathersheild is a reputable cover so I`d guess its ‘useful life` is dependent on the conditions it encounters. What is your washing / maintenance regime for the cover?

imported_pdsterns
06-13-2012, 06:51 AM
TOGWT, well I think I only washed the Weathershield once and I would say I followed the manufactures recommendations but it was a few years ago and I don`t really remember. The problem was the cover fell apart over a very short period of time, first the stitching starting to fail and I had it restitched and then the fabric just split wide open everywhere. It met the life the mfg guaranteed it for I just did not expect it to disintegrate. I feel most products purchased today outlive the guarantee, this was almost like a "time release", 4 years and poof, it was gone.

togwt
06-13-2012, 07:34 AM
This article may have some useful info - http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-covers/136950-vehicle-weather-protection-covers.html

Bill D
06-13-2012, 08:09 AM
In the rare event these days that I have to use a cover on my Audi I use my weathershield over my Noah without evaporation issues. It appears both covers allow for evaporation. But I guess YMMV

carexpert720
04-19-2013, 06:18 PM
i bought a car cover for my car from a website and at first i thought it was going to be a piece of sh*t but after i used it for a couple of months it changed my mind because where i live theres alot of humidity ( i live in boca raton, FL) and the cover keeps my car dry even if its heavy rain or just a little sprinkle and they underlining of the cover is really soft it wont scratch the paint on your car I have recommended several of my friends to this company and I got a coupon code (C15AF) i don`t know if it still work but why dont you go ahead and give it a try here is the link to where i bought my cover hope i`ve helped

2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe CAR Cover Ultrashield (Custom/2 Mirror) (http://www.carscover.com/2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Coupe-Ultrashield-Custom-2-Mirror-Car-Cover-P211-SP5136.html)