PDA

View Full Version : Grit Guard Buckets?

ls7drew
06-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Alright so I went to Home Depot to get a Orange Bucket figured it`d work but its too loose, also tried a spare 5gal bucket we had around the shop with the same issue too loose.

Where can I get a bucket that works with the Grit Guard besides off GG`s website its $21 shipped which is ridiculous to me for a bucket lol. I already have a GG bucket/guard but want to add a 2nd bucket

Thanks

pwaug
06-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Good news: I bought two 5 Gallon buckets at HD for $1.33 each that the Grit Guard fits snugly into the bottom. Bad news: they are lavender and light green. I think I found them in the paint department.

C. Charles Hahn
06-10-2012, 09:48 PM
How loose was the grit guard? You don`t want it too snug, it should be easy to insert and remove.

I don`t use the orange buckets, but I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon buckets from HD/Lowe`s that work just fine.

ls7drew
06-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Good news: I bought two 5 Gallon buckets at HD for $1.33 each that the Grit Guard fits snugly into the bottom. Bad news: they are lavender and light green. I think I found them in the paint department.

I will have to look for those ones

How loose was the grit guard? You don`t want it too snug, it should be easy to insert and remove.

I don`t use the orange buckets, but I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon buckets from HD/Lowe`s that work just fine.

Fairly loose, my Grit Guard Bucket fits snug and wont move side to side. The HD orange one will move side to side. Almost enough to fit the tip of my pinky.

Which color buckets do you have from both places?

C. Charles Hahn
06-11-2012, 12:03 AM
I will have to look for those ones

Fairly loose, my Grit Guard Bucket fits snug and wont move side to side. The HD orange one will move side to side. Almost enough to fit the tip of my pinky.

Which color buckets do you have from both places?

The 5 gallon ones from HD are white, the 3 gallon ones from Lowe`s are opaque/clear. They leave about 1/8" of play side-to-side, not enough that I worry about it.

Thomas Dekany
06-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Same here - I use the orange buckets from HD and the GG works fine.

ls7drew
06-11-2012, 08:47 AM
its just annoying that it spins with the mitt lol, I`ll try and bring it with me next time to find one that fits perfect

vtextc
06-11-2012, 05:23 PM
My bucket also leaves some space between the sides and the grit-guard. The extra space causes my grit guard to float about 2-4" off the bottom of the bucket. A bit of a pain, but something I can live with....

Asif

Thomas Dekany
06-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Must be that Canadian water. :D

Mine never floats.

My bucket also leaves some space between the sides and the grit-guard. The extra space causes my grit guard to float about 2-4" off the bottom of the bucket. A bit of a pain, but something I can live with....

Asif

vtextc
06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Must be that Canadian water. :D

Mine never floats.

LOL....or that American plastic. Or wait....it`s probably Chinese plastic.....never mind! :dance:

Nth Degree
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Stuff a piece of sponge or towel between the guard and side of the bucket.