PDA

View Full Version : Clear Coat on Lip of Wheels

infinitetek
06-05-2012, 03:35 AM
So i just had a question about lips with clear coat on them. What`s a good way to keep these from oxidizing since, from what I`ve seen, it happens quite often. I have Eagle one Never Dull but I`m not so sure if I should use them on a lip with clear coat.. Do I just treat them like the car clear coat and just wax it with car wax? any good brands that you recommend?

tom p.
06-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Hello, and welcome aboard, Infinitetek! Yes, treat the clearcoat the same as you would the body of the car. The materials are generally the same, the entire wheel is typically coated, and the wheel`s environment is far more harsh. I`d focus on weekly cleaning. For OE wheels, that will keep the wheels in near-perfect condition for years to come.

I don`t know the Eagle 1 product you mention and won`t comment. However, there are excellent wheel cleaners available. Use the mildest product you can get away with. The two best products I use are from Griot`s or Autoglym. (I think you can purchase the Griot`s product at Advance Auto Parts.)

If you wish to spend additional time protecting the wheels, sure, polishing and sealing will offer long-term benefits, but weekly maintenance is where it`s at for our daily drivers.

togwt
06-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Opti-Seal ™ is a clear, durable spray-on, walk away product

infinitetek
06-05-2012, 12:27 PM
hmm I have after market wheels with a clear coat lip. Should I polish then wax them? Or is there anything else I can do to make it shine as best as it can?

Legacy
06-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Do not use Never Dull on clear coat. Any wheel wax will do. I happen to favor Blackfire Metal Sealant.
So i just had a question about lips with clear coat on them. What`s a good way to keep these from oxidizing since, from what I`ve seen, it happens quite often. I have Eagle one Never Dull but I`m not so sure if I should use them on a lip with clear coat.. Do I just treat them like the car clear coat and just wax it with car wax? any good brands that you recommend?

millennium627
06-05-2012, 11:25 PM
I actually use ammonia free glass cleaner. That works great for me.