PDA

View Full Version : Ready to order need some last minute help!

aretardedorange
06-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Hey guys,

I bought a 2012 Audi A6 brilliant black. I am going to wash it using ONR, as my friend showed me his 328xi that is also black, the car had minimal swirls and looked fantastic, he always uses ONR. I hope to enjoy this product as well.

So I will order ONR, use Sams Club microfiber towels to remove it, and apply it using a GRIT sponge.

A budget wax. I am using this Amazon.com: Surf City Garage 130 Barrier Reef Carnauba Wax - 16 oz.: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Surf-City-Garage-130-Carnauba/dp/B001Q7VS0C/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1338857921&sr=1-1)

But if you have any better suggestions please let me know.

Need some help on my sealant. HD PROXY or Blackfire Wet Diamond? I will be applying by hand.

That`s all guys. I am watching alot and reading alot on here. I hope to have my car looking like new.

350zchad
06-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Sams club towels will scratch it

Thomas Dekany
06-04-2012, 11:51 PM
HD POXY, here is a coupon code for you: TD5 - use it. Enjoy it.

True with the towels, if you do decide to order POXY, use the code for some really good towels that they sell.

imported_WCD
06-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Those towels might work for the first time, and then that`s it. They just do not have the density or material per sq. meter to give enough space to displace the energy from your hand pressure. Heck, on a black BMW, I have to use my best towels and barely even touch them while wiping off POXY or I will leave slight marring. It`s a battle all its own.

Get some good towels for final wipe downs and removing POXY. They will last and cost you less per towel in the long run.

Rob

Accumulator
06-05-2012, 12:26 PM
aretardedorange- Welcome to Autopia! Some sorta-random thoughts (from a fellow Audi-nut) follow:

-Just because somebody can ONR wash without marring, that doesn`t mean somebody else can. I`m not the dullest tool in the shed, and I can`t do it.

-No need for both a wax and a sealant.

-On black I`d want to use some kind of concealing product before the Last Step Product ("LSP", i.e., the wax or sealant). Maybe plan to go over the car with something like Autoglym Super Resing Polish ("SRP") as a penultimate product. Don`t worry, the stuff is very user-friendly.

Dan
06-05-2012, 01:01 PM
The Sam`s Proforce towels are fine, even after several washes. It`s the Costco ones that start scratching after 2-3 wash cycles.

350zchad
06-05-2012, 10:34 PM
The Sam`s Proforce towels are fine, even after several washes. It`s the Costco ones that start scratching after 2-3 wash cycles.

Not on my black Z