PDA

View Full Version : Touch up cleaning tips?

weekendwarrior2
06-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi, been lurking here, if this is wrong forum, apologies. I`m not a "pro" detailer, just car owner looking to maintain as best as possible. 2 year old 2010 dark grey Forester NA. No garage, so its exposed all the time. Northeast PA.

I washed with Meguiars standard car wash (purple stuff, not gold class), using a terry or micro fiber mitt (its years old, don`t remember) , dry using Absorber. I polished out some water spots using Meguiars ultimate compound, foam pad and buffed with MF towels from Sam`s club (blue in color, seem well made). That came out great. I finished with Collinite 845 , terry pad and MF towel (all done by hand). For me, it came out great, I do see minor scratches in clear coat/semi swirl marks however. But the bigger issue today is: bird dropping on hood (of course!) 2 days later.

I tried to clean it off using Meguiars Quik Detailer I bought a few years back, which removed the heavy white dropping, but what is left is a bird dropping "imprint" in the clear coat.

What can I do to maintain and remove/clean such accidents ? Plenty of birds nearby so its common. Also common is pollen (green dandruff) and some orange hardened stuff that doesn`t come off even using high pressure water (I usually pick it off gently with my fingernail once I washed it with soap, carefully).