PDA

View Full Version : I must admit...

DeanSweet
05-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I don`t know how you guys in the South work out in the probably `normal` conditions you have there?

Here in southern Ohio it is already 90degrees with humidity showing ~50%?

I started detailing a Porsche 944 at 8a this morning and I was drenched in sweat before 830?

This is crazy. Makes me want to build a barn that has central HVAC?!

How do you guys do this daily?! I am in awe of you guys/gals if that`s any consolation?!

MrCLRider
05-27-2012, 12:00 PM
What part of southern Ohio? I live a little north of Cincinnati.

I think those in the south just bare the heat. I detail out of my garage and couldn`t get through some details without my trusty box fan lol. The humidity is something I have never been able to get use to in the 32 years I`ve been alive.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Underdawg736GTC
05-27-2012, 12:12 PM
While I hate the humidity, I love the heat! Here in SE Penn, it can get quite bad....maybe not as bad as the deep south but enough to have you drenched in minutes, Bermuda Highs suck! Drink plenty of water....a little cooler then "room temp". Ice cold water doesn`t absorb into the system as well and can throw your body into thermal shock (it`s ok IMO if your having a lazy day but if your busting your rump in the sun, cool water is definitely better then cold water!) Limit the booze and caffeine as they tend to dehydrate you, especially if you`re working hard on something.

Drinking water and knowing someone out there has it way worse then me is what gets me thru long days either detailing or while at work. I definitely feel for the firefighters when we get a call that takes all day!

DeanSweet
05-27-2012, 12:28 PM
What part of southern Ohio? I live a little north of Cincinnati.

I live about a mile from downtown Red Lion! It`s actually Clearcreek Township. Mailing address is Lebanon, Kids went/go to Springboro Schools. Next car show I go to I will sent you a PM.

Dan
05-27-2012, 12:35 PM
You get used to it, your body adapts. And you learn to take advantage of the cooler parts of the day.

Nth Degree
05-27-2012, 12:43 PM
I have had a few times (usually early in the hot season) when I have had to cut my day short because of heat exhaustion. The first time I slowed down, but kept going. It took me close to a week to feel 100% again. I learned my health is far more important than finishing on time. Each time the customers have been very understanding. A lot of it is conditioning. It also takes consideration for the order of things. I start early when I can and make sure to do the interior before the heat of the day, position the car and open the doors so the breeze passes through it.

Beyond the comfort issue, the heat and humidity can affect products sometimes. Especially in the late afternoon when the temp starts to drop and the humidity climbs. Then there`s the bugs, which make working past dark impossible if outdoors.

Concours.John
05-27-2012, 06:15 PM
I live about a mile from downtown Red Lion! It`s actually Clearcreek Township. Mailing address is Lebanon, Kids went/go to Springboro Schools. Next car show I go to I will sent you a PM.

We are not all that far apart. Wife is from Springboro.

As far as the heat, even with the shop (no a/c) the air gets stagnate and sometimes miserable. As mentioned a fan and lots of water. It does make interiors difficult when sweating like crazy.

Have you guys been to Ault Park Concours? Comes up here in June.