PDA

View Full Version : How would you describe UPP`s shine?

NHBFAN
07-27-2003, 03:49 PM
If Klasse and Zaino is described as bright and sterile, and EX as a darker warm glow, how would you describe the look of PUPP?

Boss_429
07-27-2003, 04:13 PM
Hmmmmm........... to me, UPP gives a very wet, clear finish, with a touch of softness that you find in a carnauba. Still, it`s obvious that it`s a synthetic, but not as sterile as Klasse and Zaino.

One could certainly use nothing but UPP as a topper, and not have a "want" for anything else. A fine product indeed, as are the other products you mentioned.

Thomasfl
07-27-2003, 04:32 PM
don`t know about UPP being sterile, actually it has some depth to it with a high gloss.

NattyBumppo
07-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Hmmmmm........... to me, UPP gives a very wet, clear finish, with a touch of softness that you find in a carnauba. Still, it`s obvious that it`s a synthetic, but not as sterile as Klasse and Zaino.

One could certainly use nothing but UPP as a topper, and not have a "want" for anything else. A fine product indeed, as are the other products you mentioned.

I couldn`t agree more.

Natty

NHBFAN
07-27-2003, 08:10 PM
I purchased some Sonus QD this week. Next weekend I`m going to give the Klasse twins another try. If I still find KSG a pita I`m going to AIO + UPP next.

JeffBruce
07-27-2003, 08:39 PM
I see a Metallic look...after 4 layers....But not as much as Zaino...

just my 2c`s..
jeff

Tassadar
07-28-2003, 02:13 AM
Zaino has an ungodly ammount of light reflection, giving it that wet look that so many people LOVE on darker cars.

Don
07-28-2003, 10:19 AM
On my car (which is an ungodly bright yelloworange...think Corvette yellow) both Zaino and UPP are glossy as h@ll. The UPP that is now on the car (three weeks) is still very, very wet looking and deep.

NHBFAN
07-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Don,

So you think UPP rivals Zaino in the "wet shine"?

Don
07-28-2003, 08:13 PM
You know, it`s really close. I want to say that Zaino has a bit of a sharper `edge` to it`s shine, but when my cav is freshly washed & sitting there it looks pretty darn shiny with a really deep, wet looking finish.

I would have to say looks-wise, it`s a toss up. I think the Zaino does bead tighter though.

NHBFAN
07-28-2003, 08:31 PM
And the AIO + UPP is a lot easier process than Zaino, right?

Don
07-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN
And the AIO + UPP is a lot easier process than Zaino, right?

Start by assuming you start with a car that has had all of the prep work (clay, smr, polishing etc) done.

Zaino process:

Z-1, Z-2 (or 5): Z-6 optional, Apply Z-1, apply Z-2/5 wait 1 hour (or more), remove. Wait 12-24 hours. Z-6 optional, reapply Z-2/5 every 12-24 hours as desired.

Z-2 (or 5) with ZFX: Z-6 optional, apply, 30 minute wait (or longer...personal preference), remove, Z-6 option, reapply. Wait, repeat as desired.

AIO-UPP process:

AIO- apply and buff until gone, apply UPP, wait 1 hour (or more), reapply every 12-24 hours as desired.

If you break it down this way, the initial application of AIO/UPP is very similar to Zaino with ZFX. But additional coats of UPP are like Zaino without ZFX.

6 of one, a half dozen of another.... The Zaino/ZFX combo is superior as far as multiple coats, but otherwise I don`t see a real big difference in application between the two.

ScreeminGTP
07-29-2003, 09:55 AM
Sorry I am not good with acro. what does UPP stand for?
Thanks

NHBFAN
07-29-2003, 12:23 PM
ScreeminGTP

UPP or PUPP refers to Platinum`s Ultimate Paint Protection ... it`s a high gloss sealant.

Don,

Why did you choose UPP over Zaino?

Don
07-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Don,

Why did you choose UPP over Zaino?

It`s not so much `choosing` UPP over Zaino as much as it`s my need to try new things.

Too, the ordering process is much easier through 4-Star.