PDA

View Full Version : Bentley detail nightmare !!!

Webb
05-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Watch all 5 videos for a laugh...:bigups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9wwVbGKuwM

imported_Automania
05-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Watch all 5 videos for a laugh...:bigups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9wwVbGKuwM

I hope you are all taking notes...

fabz
05-27-2012, 07:08 AM
I love his wheel washing technique and how his magic chemicals do everything for him. Detailing made simple! LOL!!

Underdawg736GTC
05-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Ohh dear! I wonder how the owner would react if he saw this dude spraying water into the jams without making the least bit attempt to protect the interior! Let alone using what looks to be nasty rags he used on the paint.....:hairpull

vtextc
05-27-2012, 09:55 AM
I particularly like the lip service provided to the wheels with that wheel brush ;).

A

Richard Grasa
05-27-2012, 03:24 PM
The amount of misinformation this guy is spewing is disgusting and I didn`t make it to the end of the second video. Your grandfather`s compound from 20 years ago will destroy clearcoat? After using your MF 4 or 5 times, they will lose their static after you wash them and become as useless as normal rags? ***?? But I do love how the name on the videos is MonkeySee. More like MonkeySee, HackDo. Very sad that alot of people will see this and think it`s all correct.

imported_DetailDan
05-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Im about 15 minutes from this shop. Actually had someone ask me recently to match their prices. :tape2:

Leadfootluke
05-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I saw this posted on another forum but didn`t look at it until now.

Hard to believe it`s not a joke.

Fantastik and 409 on paint and carpet?

Fantastik on the leather? [overspray from jambs]

Carnauba is an oil?

All the good brands are the same, Turtle Wax, Simoniz, etc?

I can see why professional detailers who want to hire in help prefer younger less experienced guys with the ability to learn and adopt techniques. This guy is very delusional.

Antoniodetails
05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
I can`t believe someone would allow this guy to touch their vehicle with 409 :doh:

togwt
05-30-2012, 10:36 AM
One of (many) the unfortunate side affects of these types of video`s is "If its good enough for a Bentley, its certanly good enough for my vehicle"

I also remember a well known paint polisher posting on a Corvette forum, who instigated the use of oven cleaner for detailing an engine bay.

Most importantly - choose carefully whose advice you listen to, and more importantly what advice you act upon. The misinformation and myths that are so prevalent in the detail industry is the reason that detailers need to do research on their own. I would strongly suggest that you verify any information that I or anyone else shares with you.

Buffautodetail
05-30-2012, 11:47 PM
I have a wheel brush similar if not the same and it`s Porsche recommended believe it or not. This type of work really pisses me off I take extreme car with all cars and have the worst time trying to get a car remotely close to this caliber and this ******* gets one to wreck. *shakes head*

Buffautodetail
05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
And call me crazy don`t you want to apply wax the way the wind flows over the car(linear lines) I.e up and down on the vertical panels and grill-windsheild motions on flat panels. If that makes sense

millenium627
06-04-2012, 11:11 PM
This seems more like a spoof but unfortunately it`s not. His wheel cleaning "technique" is ridiculous, not to mention him allowing all that water to drip into the truck. I had to stop the video, hopefully it got better lol