PDA

View Full Version : Hi Autopians, I`ll be hanging here for a while and was wondering

Pages : [1] 2

tuscarora dave
05-19-2012, 04:47 PM
How many of the members here know me from other sites?

The more the other detailing discussion forums become marketing machines, the less I am interested there. At the same time, the more I grow my business and run into hurdles the more I become interested in what other professionals have to say. It has been refreshing to read threads here, that have more content and meaning to them. It seems that where I have been hanging out at has become such a newbie generator that it`s just flooded with the "What`s the best wax" threads and has been so diluted that there isn`t much sense in spending much time there. I hope to be welcomed here. TD

David Fermani
05-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Oh, I`m totally aware of you Dave & very happy to have to here (once again :)) This forum is much more real world, unadulterated and "how it`s done" oriented. And we pride ourselves for that! Yes, there are bills to pay, but that isn`t the heart of our message. We are honored to have someone as expereinced as you sharing your knowledge. I think you`ll find many familiar faces. Welcome.

Kevin Brown
05-19-2012, 05:09 PM
How many of the members here know me from other sites?

"I know you! I know you!" :bounce

Think of it as you`re playing the same game, but have moved to a different league (not meant to be derogatory).

Welcome.

Thomas Dekany
05-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Welcome Dave! I sure know who you are. I have always enjoyed your posts on the other site.

I am very happy that you will contribute to the forum. Enjoy your stay (hopefully a long one) we could use someone like yourself.

David Fermani
05-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Think of it as you`re playing the same game, but have moved to a different league (not meant to be derogatory).

It`s like going from little league :baby: to MLB :bat.

mikenap
05-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi Dave, good to see you here!

togwt
05-19-2012, 06:07 PM
:welcome: back to "the thinking man`s detailing forum"...

tuscarora dave
05-19-2012, 06:11 PM
OH Great!!! Hi and thanks for the nice re-welcome (is that a word?) I posted this here because I`ve actually been a member for quite some time but really didn`t hang here much. I`ll spend a little time getting my account updated/signature line etc. then start getting involved as time permits. I think I got kind of scared away as a newbie but after being in the industry for a while and experiencing some growth, I understand.. Thanks again..TD

C. Charles Hahn
05-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Dave! Glad to see you made it over here finally. Haven`t seen many updates on how your business is coming along since I stopped looking at AGO.

imported_MCA
05-19-2012, 08:16 PM
I know you! Welcome back! Kick back, relax, and enjoy your stay :)

Leadfootluke
05-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Welcome Dave! Good to see you here as well.

tuscarora dave
05-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Dave! Glad to see you made it over here finally. Haven`t seen many updates on how your business is coming along since I stopped looking at AGO.

Hi Charlie!! I was just thinking the other night that I hadn`t seen you over there posting in quite some time. There`s only so much you can see when 90% of the members are newbies. The shop is working out well but it`s been a tough start up with not really enough money to do it right but I`m doing it regardless of that. I have had some opportunities in a mechanical endeavor that has afforded me to grab up some more steady work that`s not disposable income based so I can really get away from the rolling cafeterias and completely thrashed daily drivers and focus more on special interest cars and show cars to keep the passion alive. In light of that, I had these made up. Thanks Luke!!

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/001-26.jpg

C. Charles Hahn
05-19-2012, 11:35 PM
That`s awesome! Glad to hear things are going well for you. Starting and growing a business can be a slow process, but it sounds like you`re doing a good job at keeping busy.

Barry Theal
05-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Who let this guy in? They will let anyone join Autopia these days.:party: lol Dave nice to see you finally join us. Hey I gave you info to my partner. He is gonna call you about setting up a time to come up and get some chemicals up in that new shop off yours. Welcome to Autopia by the way!

Concours.John
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
I didn`t see this thread before. Welcome aboard Dave!