PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance with ONR dilution ratios

Pages : [1] 2

Striker
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Hi guys-

Just received my ONR today and have two empty spray bottles and I`m a bit confused as to the proper dilution ration for using it as a QD and as a spot clean (Water-less wash) or panel cleaning product.

I read in a write up on a UK site that has instructions on how to use ONR as a pre-spray before washing each panel-should I follow these instructions to use as a water-less wash/spot cleaning agent and my pre-spray?

For use as a pre-spray...

along with QD uses, dilution can be as strong as 32 to 1, though with soft or

softened water it can go to anything up to 64 to 1.

Assuming the cap from a 32oz bottle to be about 15ml, 32:1 will be...

1 capful per 500ml

2 capfuls per 1 litre

3 capfuls per 1.5 litres

4 capfuls per 2 litres

5 capfuls per 2.5 litres

Now what about as a QD?

imported_RZJZA80
05-17-2012, 02:49 PM
I honestly don`t measure it when mixing, I pour based on experience until I feel good about it. I also go by the color too, the less blue, the less ONR is in it. I just pour right out of the bottle and into the bucket. At first I used a measuring cup (used for cooking) to make sure I used exactly 1 ounce per 2 gallons of water, but I always put a little more anyway so what`s the point.

My QD strength I use 1/8 of the spray bottle as ONR, the rest water, works great. For a spray wash I use almost 1/4, maybe a little more, just to be on the safe side.

Thomas Dekany
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
I usually add 1oz to 31oz of water to make a nice QD.

addysdaddy
05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
The label suggests 8 oz of ONR to one gallon of water as a dilution ratio for QD spray. I`ve found 10oz leaves a slightly slicker finish. YMMV but it`s some place to start.

Striker
05-17-2012, 07:58 PM
The issue is that I`m dealing with a spray bottle that has a capacity of approximately 1 liter. So a US gallon, which is almost 4 liters is not something I can use to make it work.

GeeReg
05-18-2012, 06:25 AM
The QD dilution ratio is 8oz per gallon (128oz), so to make it easier, the ratio is 1oz of ONR to 16oz of water. 1 liter is ~34oz, so you need a touch over 2oz to 1 L of water. Each cap is 1/2oz so you need 4 caps in your spray bottle for a QD.

Thomas Dekany
05-18-2012, 07:35 AM
:grinno::grinno:You beat me to it.

Striker
05-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks a bunch GeeRag. Surprised to see that the "pre-soak" formula only requires two cap fulls per 1 liter of water tho. Do you guys use the QD Formula for small wipe downs as well- assuming it`s safe?

spotter
05-21-2012, 08:54 AM
ONR is such a great product that if you are a little off one way or the other it is not likely to make any difference since it all depends on how dirty your car is to begin with. Personally I have been using ONR and before that QEW for about 10 years and have never presoaked a car yet without any problems. Of course I don`t have caked on mud or anything that bad.....but I have used ONR on road salt several times without issue.

Weaselboy
05-21-2012, 03:30 PM
ONR is such a great product that if you are a little off one way or the other it is not likely to make any difference since it all depends on how dirty your car is to begin with. Personally I have been using ONR and before that QEW for about 10 years and have never presoaked a car yet without any problems. Of course I don`t have caked on mud or anything that bad.....but I have used ONR on road salt several times without issue.

How are you getting bugs off the front end without pre-soaking? I just started using ONR and really like it, but even with a presoak of diluted ONR in a spray bottle I still struggle a little getting the hard bugs off. Am I doing something wrong?

Appreciate any tips.

Thomas Dekany
05-21-2012, 03:36 PM
In your case use an APC to pre soak, followed by ONR

How are you getting bugs off the front end without pre-soaking? I just started using ONR and really like it, but even with a presoak of diluted ONR in a spray bottle I still struggle a little getting the hard bugs off. Am I doing something wrong?

Appreciate any tips.

Weaselboy
05-21-2012, 04:57 PM
In your case use an APC to pre soak, followed by ONR

Thanks for the tip. What APC would you suggest that will not remove sealant (Zaino Z2)?

Thomas Dekany
05-21-2012, 05:13 PM
That is a hard one. The most gentle APC I know of is HD TOTAL. But I really don`t know if Z2 will stand up to TOTAL or any other APC.

Maybe spray some water/shampoo mix on it and let it soak first, then ONR

Scottwax
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the tip. What APC would you suggest that will not remove sealant (Zaino Z2)?

Optimum Power Clean at 3:1 dilution eats bugs and following with ONR will keep the paint very slick.

Weaselboy
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
That is a hard one. The most gentle APC I know of is HD TOTAL. But I really don`t know if Z2 will stand up to TOTAL or any other APC.

Maybe spray some water/shampoo mix on it and let it soak first, then ONR

Optimum Power Clean at 3:1 dilution eats bugs and following with ONR will keep the paint very slick.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Really enjoying using ONR in the garage on these hot summer days.