PDA

View Full Version : Where does CG Blacklight fit into my plan?

Mr. Vapor
05-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Using the megs DA system, where would the backlight slot in? Before or after the finishing wax?

Secondly, what pad (blue or black?). How about speed OPMs on my PC7424xp?

imported_BuckeyeR/T
05-15-2012, 06:43 AM
I got some BL last week. I have not used it yet but my plan is before finishing wax (P21S or 915 have not decided yet). Finishing pad on speed 3 on my Flex with no pressure. I have read lots of reviews and can`t wait to try it.

Accumulator
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Noting that I don`t use either BL or the Finishing Wax (what is it?...D301 maybe?)...

I don`t see the two approaches being compatible :think:

Using the BL first, I`d expect the D301 to just clean it off. After all, D301 *is* a mild polish as well as a glaze/wax product.

Using the BL second might work, but it`d be like glazing over top of your wax.

Am I missing something here or is this just another case of adding too many products to what oughta be a simple process?

ziggo99
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Noting that I don`t use either BL or the Finishing Wax (what is it?...D301 maybe?)...

I don`t see the two approaches being compatible :think:

Using the BL first, I`d expect the D301 to just clean it off. After all, D301 *is* a mild polish as well as a glaze/wax product.

Using the BL second might work, but it`d be like glazing over top of your wax.

Am I missing something here or is this just another case of adding too many products to what oughta be a simple process?

Yeah, it`s the case of too many products.

Just use one or the other, but not both.

imported_MCA
05-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I am an avid user of CG BL and to some extent D301. From an LSP perspective, they are incompatible with each other. As Accumulator mentioned, D301 is a mild/finishing polish that leaves protection behind. This has been discussed through various forums but in my experience, CG BL has both cleaning and protection qualities. Essentially, whatever is used first will be removed by whatever is used second.

Another scenario: Since D301 does have physically abrasive capabilities, you *could* use it to remove any hazing and light marring. Then follow up with CG BL to provide protection and augment the appearance.

Personally, i really love the look of BL - Unfortunately, it`s durability and longevity of the appearance sucks...