RIP.

David Fermani
05-11-2012, 05:31 PM
:jaw::jaw::jaw:

:sadwavey::sadwavey::sadwavey:

:rip::rip::rip:

DaGonz
05-11-2012, 07:47 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/DaGonz/Animals/Internet%20stuff/carroll-shelby-obituary.jpg

Matt Cardoni
05-11-2012, 09:43 PM
A legend with a long list of great accomplishments.

RIP

Ron Ketcham
05-11-2012, 10:00 PM
When he was waiting for his new heart, and was working with Chrysler in the late 80`s, was fortunate to spend some time with him. (This was due to my working with some Chrysler engineers on some projects)

On occassion, he would call and I would go visit with him, we discussed what he had done, what he felt he had failed at, etc.

He always would find a way to discuss the two 427`s Cobra`s I had owned before financial things happened to me.

It was a matter, to him, of saying to me, "you had them, you owned the one Cobra that made it become more famous (it was the one from the Elvis movie, Spin Out", by MGM), almost as much as LeMan`s victorys, and you knew and worked with Richard Hutcherson, (he was a Keokuk IMCA and NASCAR driver and founded Hutcherson/Pagen) so take that with you as you live your life".

He could be a tough old bird, but when I first got to spend time with him, he didn`t think he would live another few months, he would talk and talk, and share, and then the "heart" became available and he went back to being "The Man", the "make it happen and damn anyone who said he couldn`t do it!".

I feel I was blessed to have spent some time with him, I will always hold him in a special part of this old heart of mine.

On this night, I am sad, but have to understand that the world had this special man for a couple of decades longer than he ever thought he would be here.

Grumpy

togwt
05-12-2012, 08:03 AM
I had recently purchased an E-Type Jaguar, the fastest production car made (at the time 62‘)I was driving a country lane, when a blue car, I had no idea what marque it was, appeared in my rear view mirror. It went past me, or should I say, flew past me like I was standing still.

A few miles on at a roadside Cafe and the same blue car was parked outside, when I went in I saw a tall guy with a cowboy hat. I asked him “what the he** car is that”, he smiled and said that he got the same reaction from most E-type drivers. He went on to tell me he was working with Lotus and Aston Martin as well as the AC Company. A real nice friendly Texan...RIP

What People Are Saying About Carroll Shelby (http://jalopnik.com/5909712/what-people-are-saying-about-carroll-shelby?tag=carroll-shelby)

rdorman
05-12-2012, 10:59 AM
While my opinion of the man varies I am grateful of his works, RIP Carroll.

C. Charles Hahn
05-12-2012, 07:25 PM
A true industry legend, and quite a loss indeed.

Accumulator
05-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I was just reading about how long he battled heart disease, he had an incredibly long and productive life for somebody with such severe health issues that started when he was so young.

I always liked how he maintained a soft spot for the GLH/GLHS Omnis. For a guy who was associated with so many, uhm....wonderful toys, his ongoing appreciation for those cars was an interesting window into how he really felt about "performance cars".