PDA

View Full Version : Wet/Dry Vac Recommendation

Air18
05-09-2012, 10:50 PM
I am starting a mobile car detailing business this Summer to make a few bucks before going back to school. I plan on doing basic interior/exterior detailing. I was practicing on my car today and used a 10+ year old Wet/Dry Vac I had in my garage in my car but the thing could barely pick up anything and now I am thinking of investing in a new one. I need one that has enough power to quickly pick up all the things one could find on car seats, floors and trunks, and that can also suck up liquid efficiently.

With so many different options out there, does anyone have a recommendation for one that is not too expensive (less than $200) but can still get the job done? Which brands are better than others? I have done some research and I`ve come across brands like Metro, Rigid, Fein, etc., but I really don`t know which make or model to choose.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just read some more reviews and came across this Rigid (16 Gallon?) - Ridgid | 60 Litre/16 US Gallon RIDGID Detach Vac | Home Depot Canada (http://www.homedepot.ca/product/60-litre-16-us-gallon-ridgid-detach-vac/958665#BVRRWidgetID)

Reviews say it packs a lot of power and also has a small blower that can detach hard to reach debris from inside a car. I wonder if the 180MPH blower speed will actually move anything though.

av315
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Ridgid makes a great wet/dry vac in my opinion, much better than the generalized Shop Vac brand. Look into the metro vac tho, depending on your vehicle for mobile work you may want something a little more mobile friendly. The attachments also make it a great tool for drying.