PDA

View Full Version : can i wax a car in the morning?

scannon18
05-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Or should I wax it at night so it has a few hours to sit before being exposed to sunlight?

Ron Ketcham
05-09-2012, 06:57 PM
With the newer products, just follow the directions on the label.

Only caution is to not attempt to apply on a hot surface, which is why most directions say "do not apply in direct sunlight", as the sun exposure can drive the skin temp of the paint to over 180 degrees F.

Grumpy

scannon18
05-09-2012, 07:05 PM
So waxing in the shade and then driving off into the sun is all right to do? I live on the west side of a hill so it is easier for me to wash my car in the morning than the evening

Ron Ketcham
05-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Well, "yeah" if you wipe off the wax application before you drive off.

May I ask how old are you and have you ever owned or leased a vehicle before?

Not attempting to be mean or such, just that your questions tend to be rather of a nature of one who has absolutely no experience in ever being around, caring for any vehicle.

I hope you understand what I am saying and no matter how in-experienced you may be regarding this subject, there are those on this site that will do their best to aid you.

Just be a bit more specific about who are are, what the vehicle is, the area of the country, or other countries where you live.

We are here to aid everyone.

Grumpy

scannon18
05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
I`m 21. I`ve owned three cars but my current car is the only one I`ve ever really cared about. Yep, if it seems that I have no detailing experience its because I don`t.

As for extra info, the car is a 2012 Scion TC in magnetic grey metallic. I drive it all over Southern California. My previous car was an Infiniti M45 and before that a Saturn SL. But I paid every penny for my Scion so that`s why it gets more love

Ron Ketcham
05-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Then come on in to the best forum on the net.

What makes it that, in my decades of being in the business, from detailing, painting, body work, management of two car care chemical companies, working with 9 of the largest vehicle manufactor`s in the world, is that this one is not about "pushing products", but a group and a sponsor of the site, that is for "real resolution" of vehicle owners, detailers and the like, concerns.

I hope you could accept my reply to you, and that you take to heart, (with a grain or two of salt) what anyone may reply to you.

Check out their profile`s, who they are, what they have really accomplished, if in doubt about what they may offer up for advice, take some time to use that good old "Spock" response to Kirk, "logic".

The net is a wonderful method to learn lots of things, but then it is also full of B/S artist that are only selling or promoting products or building their ego`s.

Grumpy

lostdaytomorrow
05-15-2012, 09:09 AM
You can wax it whenever convenient or makes you happy. As mentioned before, keep it out of the direct sunlight though. What wax are planning to use?

David Fermani
05-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Well, "yeah" if you wipe off the wax application before you drive off.

Now that`s some solid advice....:bounce:

Make sure you apply your product very thin too. What wax are you going to be using?? I actually think it`s not a bad idea to pull the car out in the sun after removing the wax too. That way you can do a final inspection and it will also allow the excess oils to evaporate.

Underdawg736GTC
05-15-2012, 11:35 AM
I`d much rather wax in the morning, it`s still nice and cool out most of the time and I usually will hit the interior while the wax cures. You don`t have any shady trees or buildings that you can park next to during the day?

Bunky
05-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Wax it when it is convenient for you. You can get a lot of advice but a lot depends on what works for you. You have many choices. Enjoy.