PDA

View Full Version : The love of doing things TWICE!!

Junebug
05-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Ok, some things done twice are "nice" (wink at wife) others like this are NOT..

I had a nice coat of Nitro Seal on my daughter`s car since Oct last year. I decided ok, lets wash, try out the new HD Speed and top with Poxy. OK - so far so good, the Speed went on via green pads on my Cyclo, Poxy via red (LC) on my PC. The car looked great, but sure had a funny feel to it, kinda like ..................ARGGHHHH, overspray!!

The family project to clean, sand and rattle can paint an old metal birdbath had caused enough dreaded overspray to get on the car, especially the back end. OK OK deep breath, Bug? you know you`ve been under stress, and you have a lot going on, it`s an easy mistake, chill........got out the Clay Magic Blue and AM #49 Bodyshine, a little while later the car not only looked good, it was slicker snot on a doorknob! Now, just need to polish and seal again.

Dan
05-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Lol... I saw my neighbor out with a rattle can this weekend. I gave her the death stare and she went into the garage to paint. Glad I didn`t have to say anything, they already know I`m nuts about the cars after yelling at them about their sprinkler.

Accumulator
05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Junebug- Yikes, I`m *really* glad the overspray came off easily enough.

Ben@3D
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Ok, some things done twice are "nice" (wink at wife) others like this are NOT..

I had a nice coat of Nitro Seal on my daughter`s car since Oct last year. I decided ok, lets wash, try out the new HD Speed and top with Poxy. OK - so far so good, the Speed went on via green pads on my Cyclo, Poxy via red (LC) on my PC. The car looked great, but sure had a funny feel to it, kinda like ..................ARGGHHHH, overspray!!

The family project to clean, sand and rattle can paint an old metal birdbath had caused enough dreaded overspray to get on the car, especially the back end. OK OK deep breath, Bug? you know you`ve been under stress, and you have a lot going on, it`s an easy mistake, chill........got out the Clay Magic Blue and AM #49 Bodyshine, a little while later the car not only looked good, it was slicker snot on a doorknob! Now, just need to polish and seal again.

Gotta hate when stuff like that happens. Well, at least your doing what you love twice *wink*

Jamie 80
05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I would have come unglued...Lol.

Junebug
05-10-2012, 07:00 AM
[quote name=`Jamie 80`]I would have come unglued...Lol.[/QUOTE

If I was younger, I would have had a proper fit, I guess I`m just too old and tired to waste the effort!

JohnAndrew
05-11-2012, 02:49 AM
An awful situation to be in, glad it was easy for you to get the over spray of the car. I would have rushed to a car franchise (http://www.detailxpertsfranchise.com/why-car-franchise) if I were you (as I have no good experience).