PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use MTM Foam Lance?

SpoolinNoMore
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
MTM Hydro Professional Foam Lance Adjustable with 32 oz. Bottle | Wayfair (http://www.wayfair.com/MTM-Hydro-Professional-Foam-Lance-Adjustable-with-32-oz.-Bottle-14.0263-MHD1010.html)

They just restocked on them today so I was going to order one (seems just like other foam lances but less than half the cost...), but I was curious if anybody had experience with this brand. I don`t want to get some sub-par quality foamer that`s going to break right away. I`ve been using this foamer while waiting for them to restock and have been moderately pleased with it:

G-Foam Blaster for 4,000 psi Pressure Washers-AGPWF04 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202184733/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=pressure+washer+foam&storeId=10051)

So if anybody has experience to compare both of these units side-by-side, it would be appreciated. I was hoping to find some bottles w/caps the same thread for the MTM Lance so I could have some for dawn/CGCW/APC to easily swap between. I`m guessing USP would surely have something of that variety.

pwaug
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
There is a lengthy discussion on AG regarding the Home Depot unit, but can`t recall the title of the thread.

Here is the thread I mentioned: My solution to $150 foam guns... - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/36257-my-solution-150-foam-guns.html)

SpoolinNoMore
05-08-2012, 11:31 PM
I guess I`m just looking for someone with the MTM or both to compare. My little G-Foam seems to work well, but I can see the plastic bowl cracking the second I don`t place it down on a bed of rose pedals. I`m thinking about wrapping it in some F4 tape to give it some bumpers. It has also been leaking from around the threads of the bowl when angled down.

BTW - is it just me, or has Lowe`s/Home Depot been selling only open package items in their stores... When I bought my PW from Lowe`s, it had blades of grass in there along with a few scuffs on the unit, and this little G-Foam unit came to be a very obviously opened box beforehand...

Webb
05-09-2012, 02:48 AM
Don`t bother with the little one from Home Depot,unless you want to stop refill and finish the other side.

SpoolinNoMore
05-09-2012, 09:19 AM
I haven`t gone through a canister of the Home Depot one yet, but I`ve only started with messing around with it. I`m mostly concerned I`ll drop it from any height and am going to watch it shatter :-S

Webb
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
The MTM lance foam is much better,Stainless steal and brass.

SpoolinNoMore
05-12-2012, 09:01 AM
I`ve got another post sort of about this (I actually forgot about this post...) that I`ll be doing a little review of how the little $20 "G" foamer works compared to the MTM lance (which I`m 99% positive that it`s the same thing that AG sells for $119, just with labeled bottles).

getfit74
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
These foam guns are not replacement for a good hand wash right?

I have yet to see a video of someone using a them on a dirty car, they are always super clean and of course they are clean after the foam gun wash.

lyonsroar
07-19-2012, 03:07 PM
I foam the car, wash like regular, then foam again at the end.

It`s kinda fun...

Thomas Dekany
07-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Of course not. You use it as a pre wash to loosen the dirt.

These foam guns are not replacement for a good hand wash right?

I have yet to see a video of someone using a them on a dirty car, they are always super clean and of course they are clean after the foam gun wash.

M.Apesland
07-21-2012, 11:30 AM
I got the riccardo one from eshine it was on sale for 70$ and it has mtm stamped on the adjustment knob on top. Works good.

Time 2 shine
07-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I have an MTM foam lance and it works great. I have not used the one`s that auto geeks sells but even though they look the same i dont think they are the same , but for half the cost it does what a foam lance should do Spray foam.