PDA

View Full Version : Fogger, or pesticide, or equivalent for spider problem in my car??

darkonion
05-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi all.

I walked into my garage this morning and saw a black widow making itself comfortable in my car. Before I could remove it, it retreated into my dash. Obviously, this is a concern. What do you guys recommend I do to kill it? Is there some type of fogger or poison I can use to kill it? Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Kevin

togwt
05-06-2012, 04:13 AM
EcoSMART Spider Blaster (no its not a 12 GA shotgun, just a fogger ;) - Spider Blaster (9 oz can) « Safe Pesticides for Home | EcoSMART Organic Insecticide Bug Spray (http://www.ecosmart.com/products/spider-blaster-9-oz-can/)

[Edit: I might as well post the whole thing for future reference]

Arachnids (Spiders)

Many people have an inherent fear of spiders. They are attracted to warm, dark small spaces, like panel gaps, air vents, and in the engine bay or trunk of your vehicle. Some species prefer to stay closer to the outdoors, weaving their webs in your garage, garden or near your outside lighting. Most spiders are a nuisance primarily because of their webbing.

All spiders can and will bite if in danger or accidentally touched; and any spider bite can cause a reaction, ranging from a sting type bite to those requiring hospitalization. Different people react in different ways

EcoSMART Spider Blaster - Spider Blaster (9 oz can) « Safe Pesticides for Home | EcoSMART Organic Insecticide Bug Spray (http://www.ecosmart.com/products/spider-blaster-9-oz-can/)

Application:

Kills spiders (black widow, brown recluse, cellar, wolf, and others), scorpions, silverfish and other crawling insects Hold container upright and aim nozzle away from person. Press button firmly to spray. Contact as many insects as possible. For spiders, apply until web is wet. Repeat as necessary.

Spider Identification (USA) - Spider Identification - Venomous spiders in USA (http://www.termite.com/spiders/usa.html)

jbankO
05-06-2012, 07:01 AM
I would trade that car in asap lol

DM101
05-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Wow I would hate that. Maybe a fogger with the windows rolled down. Most foggers are are for home use as in a bedroom and produce lots of product. So with the windows down or half way down a be cause you don`t need a large concentration.

Underdawg736GTC
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Man I don`t mind spiders too much but the ones that are jet black with a red hourglass or brown with a violin pattern have got to go!! If you don`t want to go down the pesticide road, you could offer up a sacrificial mf towel and patiently wait for her to pop out again and just smash it! Hey it`s self defense right??

darkonion
05-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Man I don`t mind spiders too much but the ones that are jet black with a red hourglass or brown with a violin pattern have got to go!! If you don`t want to go down the pesticide road, you could offer up a sacrificial mf towel and patiently wait for her to pop out again and just smash it! Hey it`s self defense right??

Yeah... pretty much... If it was something else, I wouldn`t care, but yeah... That`s what I am going to do. I am just going to wait patiently until it comes out and yeah... smash....

togwt
05-07-2012, 05:30 AM

A black recluse spider doesn`t play his / her violin but their bite is really toxic

The Count
05-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Your gonna have to wait for all her babys that she just layed in your vents too hahahaha

Underdawg736GTC
05-07-2012, 05:36 PM
A black recluse spider doesn`t play his / her violin but their bite is really toxic

I know a few folks who unfortunately crossed paths with a Brown Rec. Necrosis is a MoFo!!!

I still love the flesh eating Camel Spider rumors floating around how they numb and liquify your flesh and then suck it up like a root beer float!