PDA

View Full Version : Tornador

imported_truzoom
05-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Is anyone still using this for cleaning non-paint areas? I recently found myself watching the product video today and I like the idea, although you would need a decent supply of compressed air to make it useful. I recall it was quite popular a while back but I wonder if it actually materialized into a justifiable way of cleaning?

JohnKleven
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
We use Tornadors every single day. Great for spot removal, and certain fabrics.

Street5927
05-06-2012, 09:11 PM
I use it on a regular basis as well... I like it for "pre-treating" vents before using a vent brush and/or qtips. It is also, as stated above, nice for getting out some spots on fabric. It has a myriad of uses, and mine never sits long.

Jpostal
05-06-2012, 11:53 PM
What size of compressor are you using for air supply? I am setting up a new shop and have a 20 gallon DeVillbis compressor with decent CFM, but not sure it will have the tank size to handle the Tornador.

Street5927
05-07-2012, 07:20 AM
What size of compressor are you using for air supply? I am setting up a new shop and have a 20 gallon DeVillbis compressor with decent CFM, but not sure it will have the tank size to handle the Tornador.

I am using a Craftsman 33 gallon compressor. It has 6.3 CFM at 90 PSI: 5.1 CFM at 40 psi. Max pressure is 150 psi. With the Tornador, they instruct you not to exceed 90 psi when using it. The compressor has no problems what so ever keeping up with it.

Desmond55
06-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I am using a Craftsman 33 gallon compressor. It has 6.3 CFM at 90 PSI: 5.1 CFM at 40 psi. Max pressure is 150 psi. With the Tornador, they instruct you not to exceed 90 psi when using it. The compressor has no problems what so ever keeping up with it.

The best compressor to use for the standard Tornador Tools is 3,5 horsepower Pick with FAD of 6,5 CFM and a 50 gallon tank. But my compressor was too small and I bought the new TheBlastor Upgrade Nozzle Kit bought it form www.cleanblstor.com and its fantasic as it only require 60 psi so I can now run it on my smaller 2,5 horsepower 30 Gallon compressor.