PDA

View Full Version : vic`s waxes

blucpe
04-24-2012, 10:03 AM
after useing vics red, mayhem and chaos, can anyone tell me which they prefer and why.

JohnZ3MC
04-24-2012, 12:19 PM
I`ve only used the Concours (red). It`s one of three I cycle through, the other two being Souveran and DodoJuice Supernatural. All look absolutely spectacular on my Imola red garage queen.

Easy on, easy off, huge shine, and believe it or not, its durability is huge compared to Souveran. Concours keeps it`s shine so long, I think it`s secretly a blend of carnauba and a sealant but of course, the ingredients suggest otherwise. It just seems that way because of its long lasting performance.

It`s called `Victoria` wax because it`s actually based in Victoria, British Columbia, the capital city. I live about 20 miles north so there`s a bit of a geographical bond but I`ve never met the owner, David W. I just like the product.

And I like the muted market strategy. Not a whole lot of hype, not a whole lot of marketing, the product stands well on it`s own, and comes in 3 sizes of container. I`ll often recommend a new user start with the 3 oz. sampler to get a feel for the product.

Actually, I`m running low on my current pot so I`ll be picking up another this season.

-John C.

dogma
04-24-2012, 05:51 PM
I liked the look of Chaos the best. Durability is real good to.

chrisguga
04-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Was anyone else disappointed by Victoria Red? I bought this thinking it would be amazing for my black graphite metallic car and I end up using my Adam`s Americana because it`s easier to apply and looks just as good.

togwt
04-30-2012, 04:41 AM
Victoria Wax Pre-Wax Cleaner - Victoria Concours Wax for optimum results; for me this makes a big difference in the `look` of a spit-shined finish

JeffM
05-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Wanted to chime in and mention how nice this gang is, if you can support em , its going to good people.

Blinky
05-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Victoria Wax Lite Cleanse is pretty neat stuff. The directions state to spread the cream about with one`s hands. This is messy but fun. IMO this is probably just a way to use more product. ^_^ Lite Cleanse took care of the suface grime and water spotting. Someday I`ll splurge on one of Vic`s waxes.

chrisguga
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Hand application was fun for 5 minutes. Then it was just a time consuming pain in the a**.

DM101
05-09-2012, 05:25 AM
I have had good results with Vic waxes. I like Choas also. You don`t have to apply by hand.

blucpe
05-09-2012, 07:13 AM
i`ve done "by hand thing" but i much prefer using a da with a 4" blu pad. i think you use less product, it`s easier and works into the paint.jmho.

cobraa
05-09-2012, 11:34 AM
chaos give a nice reflective look. I really like it on solid black. It,s kinda like a sealant but with a little glow.

Collector is very great because that thing can last +4 months. I actually got 6 months on a daily drive that sit outside 24h/24h. However, the look to me is a bit plain.. doesnt seems to add very much to the paint. it smell great! almost like signature II

Concours.. welll.... theres so many reviews about it, just look for them :P but its a 3-4 months wax with a similar look of souveran.