PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys get Deionized water from?

ls7drew
04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Was reading that Fish stores sell it and all of them locally dont have it just RO/DI water is that the same or comparable? If not where can I get it? I want to use it to clean my windows with no streaks after I wash my car at what not when they aren`t really dirty.

Thanks

imported_WCD
04-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Used to rent tanks from local water company. Easy. When the light went out, call, and exchange tanks. Can`t recall what I paid, but it wasn`t bad. Now-- ONR so no need, or it would take a year to get through a tank.

Garry Dean
04-23-2012, 09:42 PM
If you are near the 3D factory you can pull up and get it there.

wascallyrabbit
04-23-2012, 09:47 PM
ro/di is fine and would be comparable to deionized water, as the final step in making ro/di is to run it thru a deionizer resins.

Paul Sparks
04-23-2012, 09:58 PM
So edumacate me. What is the difference between deionized water and distilled water and why select one over another ? I do use distilled water in my steamer because I was told it would cut down on deposits and also used it for mixing megs glass cleaner. Am I wasting my time or ? ?

wascallyrabbit
04-23-2012, 10:02 PM
So edumacate me. What is the difference between deionized water and distilled water and why select one over another ? I do use distilled water in my steamer because I was told it would cut down on deposits and also used it for mixing megs glass cleaner. Am I wasting my time or ? ?

the process in which the impurities are removed and how pure the output water is.

ls7drew
04-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Went to the store and got the RO/DI water seems to work fine but the true test will be out in the sun tomorrow or Friday when I take it out next. At .50cents a gallon figured it was worth a shot

Worked great! thanks no streaks