PDA

View Full Version : 2 Duragloss 105 questions

Sealant
04-23-2012, 05:13 PM
How long do you let the stuff haze?

Can I use Duragloss 105 on bmw wheels?

Dan
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
I usually let it go at least 15 minutes, maybe more. Its not a product that turns into concrete if you leave it too long. And it will work very well on the wheels.

pwaug
04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
I`ve left it haze for up to two hours and had no problem buffing it off (even when mixed 4 to 1 with 601)--of course it was a thin application which is all that is required. Works great on wheels as well.

P-nut
04-24-2012, 11:13 PM
I`ve used it on a couple of my cars but I`m still not 100% sure I know what it is exactly. Is it a polish or is it a sealant? Or an AIO? Does it make more sense to apply it by machine or by hand?

The times I`ve used it, I let it haze for nearly an hour.

pwaug
04-25-2012, 06:50 AM
I`ve used it on a couple of my cars but I`m still not 100% sure I know what it is exactly. Is it a polish or is it a sealant? Or an AIO? Does it make more sense to apply it by machine or by hand?

The times I`ve used it, I let it haze for nearly an hour.

DG 105 is a sealant with some light chemical cleaning ability. Doesn`t matter how you apply it as long as you do thin coats (for easy removal). I`ve done it by hand for year, but now use my GG RO and find it`s easier to apply a thin coat with the GG.

Dan
04-25-2012, 10:13 AM
I`ve used it on a couple of my cars but I`m still not 100% sure I know what it is exactly. Is it a polish or is it a sealant? Or an AIO?

Its a sealant with a chemical cleaner included to assure proper bonding. It`s not meant to be a functional cleaner. Similar to how NXT has cleaners.

P-nut
04-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks, that`s kind of what I figured. It really irks me when labels say "polish" when it`s a sealant. The DG 105 label says "Total Performance Polish", and "Cleans and Polishes in One Step". There is no polishing at all. Marketers just want to confuse us, or assume we`re all idiots.

Dan
04-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Zaino and Duragloss` terminology are atrocious. There are idiots on the corvette forum that insist Z2 is abrasive and does in fact polish.

pwaug
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
I think they label it that way for the uninformed general public.