PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still around from `08?

imported_truzoom
04-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Wow this place has changed! I took a hiatus from auto detailing back in 2008 but recently got back into it. Part of what has me excited again is my new Flex PE14 that I`ve been practicing with; to think of all the years spent on the PC7336 that can`t even come close. On a similar note, it looks like the gap has been closing between orbital and rotary polishers with the various compounds out now.

Anyway, just wondering who is still around from back then.... I can name a few who I remember chatting with regularly:

WhiteMax95.. that was his original nick, but he got a new car eventually and changed it..

Setec Astronomy

Black240sx

Patrick of Excel Detail

Also, is Optimum still around? They were pretty big a few years ago with their optimum compound, but I am not seeing much mention of them now. If they are around, I need to get in contact with someone about my OHC that seems to have separated and turned milky..

Anyway, glad to see the site is still around. Hope to start learning more and more again. :waxing:

Bunky
04-22-2012, 06:06 AM
Excel Detail went out of business along with Danase.

Optimum is still very much around and have a new line of polishes. They are still not discussed as much as Meguiars and Menzerna.

Bill D
04-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I`m back after a 5 year hiatus. I reappeared about a year ago.

imported_truzoom
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
I`m back after a 5 year hiatus. I reappeared about a year ago.

Hey, Bill! I remember you. :rockon:

Scottwax
04-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Been around since 2001...

Optimum is still mentioned a lot here, new version of ONR and Opti-Seal, Hyper Polish and Compound are in spray form, they have microfiber polishing and cutting pads and a 2 permanent coatings, Opti-Coat and Opti-Guard.

Accumulator
04-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey, truzoom :wavey Welcome back!

Now why the [@^%&] does it say I`ve been a member since `02? I was on here back at my previous house and we moved out of there in 2000 :confused:

imported_ChrisNJ
04-22-2012, 02:11 PM
:wavey

Still here....once in a while :)

imported_truzoom
04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi Accumulator, Scott, Chris..

Glad to see there`s still a lot of folks around!

Brad B
04-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Been here since day one. Seen it all!

derek37
04-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Hanging tight since 04.

C. Charles Hahn
04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Hey, truzoom :wavey Welcome back!

Now why the [@^%&] does it say I`ve been a member since `02? I was on here back at my previous house and we moved out of there in 2000 :confused:

Probably because the original "forum" (more like message board/BBS) a lot of us were on wasn`t able to be imported into the current forum database... I was on here back in late 2000/early `01 as well just before the switch to the new forum, then lost touch for a few months before joining the new/current site.

Of course, I was also on hiatus from `05 through last year, but that`s another story.

David Fermani
04-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Still here since 04. Glad you`re back and posting again! This place has a notorious reputation for kick starting pretty much every online detailer`s professional identity and with that keeps bringing many back again. It`s like an addiction you just can`t kick.

thom
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I`ve been here almost daily since autopiacarport.net Joined `o2 One thing I have noticed is the maturiy of the post ,professionalism I suppose less sensless product bashing. And hardley any " this post is useless with out pic`s. "::never had a camera and do my work by hand. thanks for poping up:nod: