PDA

View Full Version : Mixing DG 501 and 601 with a Finishing Polish?

AbGilley89
04-19-2012, 10:28 PM
So I have been looking online for some new products to try out and I really want to try this 4:1 mixture of DG 501 to 601 and top it with 845. My question would it be safe or has anyone tried mixing a little more abrasive product with the 501 and 601? like MG 205 or something to get rid of a few more swirls? Would that be something that would work or a disaster waiting to happen?

Dan
04-20-2012, 07:34 AM
You could just buy ZAIO, its like DG501 but with stronger abrasives and its more durable.

pwaug
04-20-2012, 09:07 AM
You could just buy ZAIO, its like DG501 but with stronger abrasives and its more durable.

Dan--Is ZAIO safe to use (not removing too much clear) on an annual basis just to clear up any mild marring after a major correction that occurs during the year?

AbGilley89
04-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks for your input I just ordered some XMT 360 (buy one, get one free) on autogeek. ZAIO is a little much to use on a DD but I hear nothing but good things about it I might have to take the plunge. :thumb:

imported_DetailDan
04-20-2012, 11:20 AM
ZAIO is a little much to use on a DD

How so? It contains no abrasives.

Dan
04-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Dan--Is ZAIO safe to use (not removing too much clear) on an annual basis just to clear up any mild marring after a major correction that occurs during the year?

It is very safe to use on paint, and very mildly abrasive. For me, its the perfect level of abrasive to make paint pop again after a few months of real life followed by a claying session. Its not going to remove swirls, at least not on any paint I have used.

"With an emulsifying cleaner and very mild abrasive, Z-AIO gently cleans and protects while effectively enhancing light refraction and reflectivity for remarkable results. The advanced polymeric substructures within Z-AIO produces optically perfect layers to all paint types, yet also provides excellent adhesion and detergent resistance, resulting in a strong and glossy layer of polymer based synthetic protection."

pwaug
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
It is very safe to use on paint, and very mildly abrasive. For me, its the perfect level of abrasive to make paint pop again after a few months of real life followed by a claying session. Its not going to remove swirls, at least not on any paint I have used.

Just what I was looking for to put under a coat of POXY--assuming I can keep it swirl free, but could also use a mild polish on areas that may have swirls. But VW paint is pretty easy to care for without inducing too much marring. Thanks!!!

DM101
04-20-2012, 05:19 PM
That should be a great combo!

Just what I was looking for to put under a coat of POXY--assuming I can keep it swirl free, but could also use a mild polish on areas that may have swirls. But VW paint is pretty easy to care for without inducing too much marring. Thanks!!!

AbGilley89
04-20-2012, 05:46 PM

I was talking price wise.

AbGilley89
04-20-2012, 05:54 PM

I was talking price wise.

nyakerz
04-21-2012, 01:16 AM
I think #671 Total Swirl Remover is the more abrasive AIO of Duragloss.

Here it is: 8 oz. - Duragloss SMR (Swirl Mark Remover) (http://www.duragloss.com/Pre-Polishing-Agents/Swirl-Mark-Remover/8-oz.---Duragloss-SMR-%28Swirl-Mark-Remover%29)

imported_DetailDan
04-21-2012, 10:37 AM

"With an emulsifying cleaner and very mild abrasive, Z-AIO gently cleans and protects while effectively enhancing light refraction and reflectivity for remarkable results. The advanced polymeric substructures within Z-AIO produces optically perfect layers to all paint types, yet also provides excellent adhesion and detergent resistance, resulting in a strong and glossy layer of polymer based synthetic protection."

"Klasse All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use."

"This polish is non-abrasive so you will not have to concern yourself with doing damage."

"Klasse All In One is a non-abrasive polish that will remove oxidation, old wax, bug smear, and some fine swirls, scratches and tar."

umi000
04-21-2012, 12:34 PM
"Klasse All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use."

"This polish is non-abrasive so you will not have to concern yourself with doing damage."

"Klasse All In One is a non-abrasive polish that will remove oxidation, old wax, bug smear, and some fine swirls, scratches and tar."

Ummm, different product? Dan was talking about Zaino All in One (ZAIO), not Klasse All in One (KAIO).

imported_DetailDan
04-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Ahhh, sorry for the mix up.