PDA

View Full Version : RIP **** Clark

usdm
04-19-2012, 12:19 AM
**** Clark -- famed TV producer, and "New Year`s Rockin` Eve" host -- died from a massive heart attack this morning ... TMZ has learned.

Clark`s rep tells TMZ, the TV icon had been in St. John`s hospital in L.A. after undergoing an outpatient procedure last night. Clark suffered the "massive" heart attack following the procedure. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

Clark was 82.

Clark`s health had been on the decline since he suffered a significant stroke in 2004 -- forcing him to retire from his hosting gig at "New Years` Rockin` Eve," which he created in 1972.

Ryan Seacrest took over in 2006. **** has appeared on the show sporadically ever since.

Before suffering a stroke, Clark told Larry King he also suffered from Type 2 diabetes.

Clark was married 3 times -- and has 3 children from his first two marriages. He is survived by his current wife Kari Wigton.

"For now, **** Clark ... so long."

togwt
04-19-2012, 04:15 AM
D Clark, the man whose youthful exuberance earned him the moniker, "America`s oldest teenager", has died of a massive heart attack in Santa Monica, aged 82.

It was as a teenager that Clark, flanked by the country`s trendiest youth on either side of him, made his television debut on American Bandstand. The show, which Clark hosted for 33 years, became a venue for many iconic moments in music history, including a young Madonna saying she wanted to "rule the world" before she topped the charts and the debut performance of a teenage Janet Jackson

Marc Hufnagel
04-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Funny how many censors of the word d i ck are in this thread, may be an all-time record for this board. D ick knew the mayan calendar was RIGHT and would be no new year.

usdm
04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Funny how many censors of the word d i ck are in this thread, may be an all-time record for this board. D ick knew the mayan calendar was RIGHT and would be no new year.

You know, I was trying to post up a picture of him, and I could not figure out why I could not do it. Then finally, I realized that his name was censored.

To a great man. RIP.

Garry Dean
04-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Its very sad... RIP, Mr. Clark.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Mr Clark lived a life many can only dream of...

While his death is unfortunate I find it hard to be sad when a person lives a full, long, enjoyable life...Instead I reflect back on the parts of his life I know of and think "yep, he did it right"

Rest In Peace Mr Clark!

Paul Sparks
04-20-2012, 08:00 AM
I can remember watching American Bandstand when it first came from Philly before moving west. I was just a teenager and I thought he was old then. Things sure change as our perspective on age and life progresses. Was great to see him go through his career without all of the Hollywood drama we get from a lot of these so-called stars nowadays. Thanks for the memories and Godspeed Mr.Clark.