PDA

View Full Version : New Blackfire Wet Diamond vs old version

imported_RedlineIRL
04-18-2012, 10:43 PM
I have an older bottle of Blackfire Wet Diamond with the Polycharger in it, and about to run out soon so time to get some more since it is such and awesome product. It seems that Autogeek, Mircosoft of the detailing world, now has the proprietary rights to the product and has redesigned the original formula. On the new bottles, I don`t see where it mentions having Polycharger in it. Big dissapointment, since I am a true believer in the Polycharger, the stuff really works IMO.

Has Autogeek changed the forumla of Blackfire Wet Diamond for the better as compared to the prevous versions? Has the quality of it went downhill now? Does anyone happen to have one of the new bottle and can see if it mentions Polycharger in it?

alpha
04-19-2012, 02:59 AM
I have an older bottle of Blackfire Wet Diamond with the Polycharger in it, and about to run out soon so time to get some more since it is such and awesome product. It seems that Autogeek, Mircosoft of the detailing world, now has the proprietary rights to the product and has redesigned the original formula. On the new bottles, I don`t see where it mentions having Polycharger in it. Big dissapointment, since I am a true believer in the Polycharger, the stuff really works IMO.

Has Autogeek changed the forumla of Blackfire Wet Diamond for the better as compared to the prevous versions? Has the quality of it went downhill now? Does anyone happen to have one of the new bottle and can see if it mentions Polycharger in it?The bottle that I have, which I recently purchased, does not mention anything about polycharger on the label. Although, Autogeek`s description page still notes that it has Polycharger.

I applied it over the weekend on my car, and am impressed with how easy it was to apply. The paint was very slick after application, and I do like the shine. I did notice a little bit of sweating, though.

That being said, this is the first time I`ve used BFWD, so I can`t compare it to the version that noted Polycharger on the label. I was under the impression that the formula was the same as before when I bought it, so I am curious now if it is, in fact, different.

umi000
04-19-2012, 04:52 AM
It`s also my understanding that the formula for BFWD was not changed - at least, that was my impressions from the posts made by Todd Helme over at the "other" Autopia.

Dan
04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
I hope it hasn`t changed, I hate when people go messing around with something that is so well received. That said, I always thought the Wolfgang stuff was a very close clone with a slightly different look.

imported_RedlineIRL
04-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Maybe the formula hasn`t chaged then. I was under the impression that it was, revised, once autgeek took over the brand and revamped and expanded the rest of the Blackfire product lineup

nosbusa1700
04-20-2012, 01:22 AM
If BFWD is still superslick then I bet the polycharger is still in the product. I can`t see them changing the formula too much if at all. Unless they did something to improve it.

Todd@RUPES
04-20-2012, 12:58 PM
The formula, including Polycharger, has not been changed. This isn`t to say some of the ingredients in the formula haven`t been revised or upgraded (like a chef improving his food sourcing). Several members have reported less dusting, although dusting was extremely isolated to begin with. It`s still the same great product that is the subject of so many positive reviews. Messing with formula of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection when it remains one of the best reviewed products of all time would have been counterproductive, but failing to tweak several small areas (and improve them) would have wasted a great opportunity.

Hope all is well in these parts!

Cleaning Fool
04-20-2012, 09:20 PM
When I got mine it had the conistency of water. I shook it up and it seems to be ok. We shall see. However it appears to be not as thick as the original.

gmblack3
04-20-2012, 11:27 PM
The formula, including Polycharger, has not been changed. This isn`t to say some of the ingredients in the formula haven`t been revised or upgraded (like a chef improving his food sourcing). Several members have reported less dusting, although dusting was extremely isolated to begin with. It`s still the same great product that is the subject of so many positive reviews. Messing with formula of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection when it remains one of the best reviewed products of all time would have been counterproductive, but failing to tweak several small areas (and improve them) would have wasted a great opportunity.

Hope all is well in these parts!

good to hear from you pepe

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

DaVinci Detail
04-21-2012, 10:03 AM
One of my all time favorite sealants. It always leaves that slick smooth buttery feel. Makes paint look weeeeeeeetttttt.

imported_RedlineIRL
04-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks for sharing TH0001. I have experienced slight dusting a couple times with BFWD, but that is usually due to me over applying the product. Glad to hear that this has been improved with the new release. I`ll give it a try

imported_RedlineIRL
05-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Also wondering, with the new BFWD what is the minimum amount of time needed before applying an additional layer? I have heard people say wait 8 hours while others have said immediately after the first when it came to the first version, no real answer

David Fermani
05-02-2012, 08:08 PM

You`re forgetting about those Super European German/Swiss Tri Polymers!! :pound: