PDA

View Full Version : KAIO and Jeep plastic windows

evan631
04-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Yesterday I detailed my Jeep with the KAIO and SG. Came out great. Been using it for years now thanks to you guys!

I was wondering if I can use either of these products on my soft jeep windows. I have some stains and plenty of scratches that I am looking to remove or make less visible.

I tried the Meguires Plast X although the product did not hide my scratches it did give the plastics a nice shine.

What`s you thoughts on the soft Jeep windows? Any other recommendations if the Klase products are not good for the plastic windows.

Thanks

-Evan

Ron Ketcham
04-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Application techniques of using any "soft plastic" polishing/protective product is as important as the product.

DO NOT APPLY OR RUB/POLISH IN CIRCULAR LINES OR MOTIONS!

Apply in low pressure, striaght line motions when using any brand of such product.

Allow the product to dry "completely" before removing with a clean towel of choice.

REMOVE THE DRIED PRODUCT USING THE SAME STRAIGHT LINE METHOD.

Doing application or removal, using a circular motion will increase the opportunity for one to observe "swirls-marring" in the surface.

Is this "fool proof"?

No, after all this advice is provided by an old fool, but in several decades of working on such surfaces, it is as best as I have observed and experienced.

Grumpy

imported_RZJZA80
04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Klasse would work well, but are you trying to remove the scratches in the plastic or just clean and shine/protect them? I don`t know of anything that will remove the scratches but KAIO works fine on plastic windows.

evan631
04-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Klasse would work well, but are you trying to remove the scratches in the plastic or just clean and shine/protect them? I don`t know of anything that will remove the scratches but KAIO works fine on plastic windows.

I know i can`t remove the scratches and abrasions, but if i can hide them a bit that would be great. I will give it a try this weekend.

Dan
04-17-2012, 09:15 AM
You can remove light scratches just fine with something like Z14. KAIO will clean them, but Z14 will make them look even better.

evan631
04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
You can remove light scratches just fine with something like Z14. KAIO will clean them, but Z14 will make them look even better.

Thanks, but what is z17. Can`t find it on acronym list.