PDA

View Full Version : Need Opionions for black shelby gt500

hghlndr85
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
i picked up a very well kept 08 gt500. its black on black, paint was very well maintained car only has 6k miles on it, i wanna see whats reccomended for some current products, ive been out of the game for a year or so, last things i used on my old car were megs 205, poorboys paste carnuba. whats good now? i want some thing light cut, need a good deep wet polish for the black and a nice finsher, lets hear it!!

pwaug
04-15-2012, 04:01 PM
You might want to consider UNO Advanced Cut and HD Polish Polishes & Compounds : High Definition Car Care, Eco-friendly auto detailing supplies (http://cart.hdcarcare.com/polishes-compounds) and POXY for a Sealant/Wax Sealants : High Definition Car Care, Eco-friendly auto detailing supplies (http://cart.hdcarcare.com/waxes)

DM101
04-15-2012, 05:53 PM
I`m with PWAUG !!! For the Uno pick the correct pad for how much cut you want. The polish will give a awesome finish for the Poxy.

Lonnie
04-15-2012, 08:03 PM
hghlndr85:

I would think your black GT500 is going to be more of a beauty/garage queen than a daily driver, am I right??

I still would think that, being low mileage that it would not have that many issues with swirls, unless the previous owner (or dealer) really messed the exterior paint up on it.

However, if you are going to use the GT500 as a daily driver, Optimum Polymer Technologies Opti-Coat may be a better way to keep your finish in top shape with mininal fuss and protect it from the insects, bird droppings, and industrial fallout that can plague today`s modern clear-coat finishes subjected to daily use.

If ithe GT500 is going to be a garage queen or show car, I`m still a big fan of carnaubas. If you do a search, you`ll find that many favor Chemical Guy`s 50/50 or if you want to step up to Pinnacle`s Souveran as a REASONABLY PRICED high-end wax, those are great options. Other`s prefer the Clear-Kote`s Moose Wax wiped off with Optimum`s Spray Wax (A respected Scottwax preference) as a more "bling-for-the-buck" (and effort) option.

I personally like Collinite 476S Double-coat Paste Wax (and it`s marine twin 885 Fleetwax) for my daily driver, a Subaru Outback, but I like the shine and crazy beading it provides. But then again, it`s a daily driver with almost a 150,000 miles on it that has seen its share of upper Midwest winters, something your GT500 will NEVER see, right??